VoyForums

Sunday, December 05, 01:07:16pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:39:53 03/20/15 Fri
Author: CarolSR
Subject: QOTD for Saturday, March 21, 2015

The following quote is taken from Written In My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 120, A Crackling Of Thorns. Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“No!” Jamie bellowed, seeing it. “Germain, don’t” But Germain bent his head over his brother’s, and I thought I saw his lips move, saying, “Hold on tight.” And then he stepped out into the air, both hands clinging to the rope, Henri-Christian’s stocky legs wrapped round his ribs.

It happened instantly and yet so slowly. Henri-Christian’s short legs lost their grip. Germain’s grab failed, for the little boy was already falling, arms outstretched, in a half somersault through the smoky air.

He fell straight through the sea of upraised hands, and the sound as his head struck the cobbles was the sound of the end of the world.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I was shocked and saddened by Henri Christian's death in this scene, but have to say that I cried harder for Rollo than I did for HC. Hope you enjoyed the quotes this week. -- CarolSR, 16:44:36 03/20/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I admit to the same. I guess in the back of my mind was the thought that, even with a loving family, I doubt that in that period HC would have a very happy life. I loved your choices. Good pain! -- Rita, 16:51:44 03/20/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> This was such a horror. I really wonder why the fire and Henri-Christian's death were not investigated as there had been those malicious letters. I couldn't believe Jamie leaving those questions behind. -- Helka, 00:49:29 03/21/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Loved your week's selections. I'm always interested to see what quotes are chosen. Curious about why a selected quote is used, but having a theme tends to make it easy to understand the why. Thank you for providing us with such a wonderful week of pain. -- CathyS, 06:12:37 03/21/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I did cry when HC died, he was such a happy wee man. But life could not be very easy for him as he got older. Just thinking of his wee head hitting the ground, and poor Germain having to have this on his heart for the rest of his life. -- LisaW, 09:18:55 03/21/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Me too. But I also cried harder for Rollo. Is is because we knew him longer or how protective of Ian he was. I loved his low growl could stop the worst predator - human or animal. And poor Henri, he was doomed for a difficult life if he couldn't stay surrounded by his loving family. He was so sweet and my heart does break for Germain. I think this is his turning point of leaving childhood behind. I'm glad there are so many that love and understand him and will help him deal with this goingn forward. -- Kathy in PA, 11:23:19 03/21/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I'm actually always naively shocked when characters die in important :-))) books I'm reading...I am aware that a death in the plot creates a interest in the story but am saddened when it happens....wee happy little chap...big guilt burden on his big brother . -- Aussiewench, 15:07:01 03/21/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> This scene (along with Ian Sr's death) hit me right between the eyes. For both I remember exactly where I was when I first read it; fortunately, I was able to cry in both places (although poolside at a resort in FL could have been embarrassing, save for the fact that it was 9:30 PM and thus relatively dark). -- Lady-Jane, 19:08:47 03/21/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I listened to MOBY through Audible. When I got to this part I knew what was going to happen because I had read in early discussions comments about it. I refused to listen to it and just skipped through it. Couldn't deal with it. At least Rollo died peacefully. -- Judie, 10:25:02 03/22/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.