VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 01:33:29amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:44:14 03/29/15 Sun
Author: kgp
Subject: QOTD for Sunday, March 29th, 2015

The Following quotation is from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 1997. Chapter 2. In Which We Meet A Ghost.

"How long have you been in the wagon?" Duncan demanded.

"Since midafternoon." The man rose awkwardly onto his knees, swaying a bit from the effects of the blow. He touched his head again and winced. "Oh, Jaysus! I crawled in there just after the Frenchie loaded up poor old Gavin."

"Where were you before that?" Ian asked.

"Hidin' under the gallows cart. It was the only place I thought they wouldn't be looking." He rose laboriously to his feet, closed his eyes to get his balance, then opened them. They were a pale green in the torchlight, the color of shallow seas. I saw them flick from face to face, then settle on Jamie. The man bowed, careful of his head.

Last edited by author: Sun March 29, 2015 06:45:24   Edited 2 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Sorry to be late posting - got caught up in a book [g] -- kgp, 06:47:01 03/29/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> And so we meet Stephen. I think he is one of the most interesting characters in the series. Ruthless, but so conflicted. -- Lady Linda, 07:29:43 03/29/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Interesting that she describes his eyes like shallow seas. He may have had a bad experience when the men tried to kill him, but I think he was bad to the core even before then. -- LisaW, 08:52:59 03/29/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I think Stephen is a perfecrt portrait of a sociopath. He's willing to sell the mother of his child into sexual slavery. After she and her family saved his life not once, but twice -- swarl, 12:19:34 03/29/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I confess I liked him... kind of. I liked his courage, at least. -- Rita, 15:10:08 03/29/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.