VoyForums

Saturday, November 27, 06:45:36amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:00:27 03/30/15 Mon
Author: kgp
Subject: QOTD for Tuesday, March 31st, 2015

The following quotation is from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 1997. Chapter 12. The Return of John Quincy Meyers.

"How old are you?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him and trying to retrieve my hand without unseemly struggle.

"Five-and-twenty, ma'am," he answered, rather surprised. He patted at the star-shaped patch near his mouth with a finger of his free hand. "Am I looking indecently haggard?"

"No. I merely wished to be sure I was telling you the truth in informing you that I am old enough to be your mother!"

This news appeared not to distress him in the slightest. Instead he raised my hand to his lips and pressed them fervently upon it.

"I am enchanted," he breathed. "May I call you Maman?"

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Phillip Wylie--what a twit! Yet another pain in the arse for the Frasers. Is this possibly your theme this week?? -- Lady Linda, 19:44:47 03/30/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Pretty much - there are quite a number of them. -- kgp, 17:38:58 03/31/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Whatever the theme, it is a great list of cameo appearances. -- Swarl, 03:58:51 03/31/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Well he was quite charming! But he meant trouble and he gave it. -- LisaW, 07:45:15 03/31/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Yes your right Lady Linda...he was a twit and Jamie thought him a big twit.....to J he was as annoying as biting insect but J & C both were aware he could be trouble for them -- Aussiewench, 14:42:51 03/31/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> I like him! His scenes are so funny -- and Claire really elevates her snark to an art level when he annoys her (which is always) A PITA, yes, but amusing nonetheless :) -- Rita, 16:31:45 03/31/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Phillip Wylie is an interesting character. His romantic attraction of Claire, viewed alone, is rather comical. How many of us would be secretly pleased by the attentions of a man half our ages??? Even if we aren't attracted to him AT ALL, the fact is that a younger man finds us sexy... BUT, there is much more to our Phillip than the ridiculous fop we have here- something nefarious, something antisocial. Oh yes- our Phillip is much more. He makes my skin crawl. -- Betsy Barefootspinner, 18:40:20 03/31/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.