VoyForums

Wednesday, December 01, 10:09:36pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:29:07 04/01/15 Wed
Author: kgp
Subject: QOTD for April 2nd, 2015

The following quotation is from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 1997. Chapter 58. Lord John Returns.

“He led her to the hearthside, where four small wooden boxes sat on the table. Ceremoniously removing the lids of these, the lawyer displayed in turn four jewels, each the size of a marrow-fat pea, each nestled in a pad of dark blue velvet, the better to set off its brilliance.

“I think to purchase one of these stones,” Forbes explained. “To have made into a ring. I had them sent from Boston.” He smirked at Brianna, plainly feeling that he had stolen a march on the competition – and judging from the saint glower on MacNeill’s face, he had.

“Tell me, my dear – which do you prefer? The sapphire, the emerald, the topaz or the diamond?” He rocked back on his heels, waistcoat swelling with his own cleverness.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Gerald Forbes is another pain in the arse character! LOL! He is so smug in this scene believing himself the "winner." -- Lady Linda, 18:55:24 04/01/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Such a creepy guy!! He thought he would just but and then later sell Bree. Yuck! -- LisaW, 11:13:34 04/02/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Creepy, indeed! -- Rita, 16:26:53 04/02/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Ian took him down a well deserved peg. He won't forget the Frasers. -- Kathy in PA, 05:51:18 04/03/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.