VoyForums

Tuesday, November 30, 06:59:53pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:03:11 04/02/15 Thu
Author: kgp
Subject: QOTD for Friday, April 3rd, 2015

The following quotation is taken from The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2001. Chapter 2. Loaves and Fishes

ďSomething was happening on the menís side of things; the thief-takerís hands had been untied, and he stood rubbing his wrists, no longer scowling, but listening to whatever Jamie was saying with an expression of wariness. He glanced at us, then at Robin McGillivray, who said something to him and nodded emphatically. The thief-takerís jaw worked, as though he were chewing over an idea.

ďSo you all came down to watch the competitions this morning and look for suitable prospects? Yes, I see.Ē

Jamie reached into his sporran and drew out something, which he held under the thief-takerís nose, as though inviting him to smell it. I couldnít make out what it was at this distance, but the thief-takerís face suddenly changed, going from wariness to alarmed disgust.Ē

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I really don't remember this scene. But I'm sure Jamie made sure that the thief-taker would not walk away from Jamie without knowing that he meant business. -- LisaW, 06:56:36 04/03/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> Wasn't this the part when Jamie was going to return the spoiled sausage to the person who had sold it to them? I don't remember the details of what he told the thief taker but remember it was a pretty vile threat. LOL (Unfortunately, I wonder if this particular thief-taker was one of the evil men who kidnapped/raped Claire in the next book.) -- CathyS, 07:37:26 04/03/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> He is. -- kgp, 09:47:10 04/03/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Do we know if he is one of the ones that Jamie, et al, killed? -- CathyS, 14:04:45 04/03/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> It's Harley Bobble -- kgp, 14:25:52 04/03/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> Jamie and the sausage.... deja vu! :) -- Rita, 14:03:53 04/03/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.