VoyForums

Sunday, November 28, 12:19:22pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:10:26 04/03/15 Fri
Author: kgp
Subject: QOTD for Saturday, pril 4th, 2015

The following quotation is taken from The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2001. Chapter 28. Brownsville

“The Frenchman waved his hook – which, Roger noticed, seemed to fascinate the women – in a gesture of dismissal.

“That is of no importance,” he said grandly, lifting his aristocratically prominent nose another inch. “I require – that is, we require” – he amended, with a polite nod toward Roger – “to know who you are.”

The inhabitants of the cabin all exchanged confused looks, as though wondering who they might in fact be. After a moment’s hesitation, though, the larger of the two men thrust out his chin pugnaciously.

“My name is Brown, sir. Richard Brown. This is my brother, Lionel, my wife, Meg, my brother’s daughter, Alicia” – that appeared to be the girl in the apron, who had now removed the garment from her head and stood tear-stained and gulping – “and my sister, Thomasina.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> The Browns were evil men! There was no good going on in that cabin. No wonder that girl wanted out. Thanks for the week of evilness! :D -- LisaW, 08:43:35 04/04/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> The Browns were also very creepy! Thank you for the week on a road less travelled. I enjoyed it a lot! -- Rita, 10:09:42 04/04/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.