VoyForums

Sunday, December 05, 11:30:44amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:38:44 04/07/15 Tue
Author: Lady-Jane
Subject: QOTD for Wednesday, April 8, 2015

It's Delayed Gratification Week, so Wednesday's quote will not be quite as satisfying as usual...

The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 17, "Home for the Holidays." Copyright (c) 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"Despite himself, his hand slid farther, dying to cup the soft slippery fullness he could sense, so close. With an effort that made him dizzy, he stopped.

Her hand was on his arm, pulling him back down.

'Please,' she whispered. 'Please, I want you to.'

He felt hollow as a bell; his heartbeat echoed in head and chest and painfully hard between his legs. He closed his eyes, breathing, pressing his hands against the rough fiber of the rug, trying to erase the feel of her skin, lest he grab at her again.

'No,' he said, and his voice sounded queer, hoarse to his own ear. 'No, not here, not like this.'

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I was surprised at Roger's control here, but then it shows the man he is and the respect he has for Brianna. -- LisaW, 07:12:58 04/08/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> I love Roger -- kgp, 07:35:28 04/08/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Such an important plot point... Because if they'd done it then, the story would probably be very different, even if they ended up going back too. -- Rita, 16:28:36 04/08/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.