VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 04:48:29amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:20:39 04/11/15 Sat
Author: Helka
Subject: QOTD for Sunday, April the 12th. The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 20, The White Raven. Copyright (c) 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“ ‘Body, soul and mind,’ ” Jamie said, translating as he bent to seize the end of another trimmed log.
“ ‘The body for sensation, the soul for the springs of action, the mind for principles.
Yet the capacity for sensation belongs also to the stalled ox;
there is no wild beast or degenerate but obeys the twitching of impulse;
and even men who deny the gods, or betray their country, or’−careful, man!”

Ian, thus warned, stepped neatly backward over the ax handle, and turned to the left, steering his end of the burden carefully round of the half-built log wall.

A quote to keep us in tune with Jamie & Ian, philosophy, skill & raw strength combined. Happy camping, happiapple ;)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I got a kick out of Jamies attempt at homeschooling Young Ian. I have to admit, Marcus Aurelius makes my eyes glaze over also. -- kgp, 04:24:39 04/12/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I wonder if Ian was hoping the ax would cut off Jamie's heid, so he would stop with the lessons. :D -- LisaW, 12:50:55 04/12/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I sympathize with Jamie. The fruitless endeavour of trying to put something inside the head of a teenager who is simply not interested... -- Rita, 14:39:47 04/12/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thanks, Helka! -- Happiapple, 19:44:43 04/12/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.