VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 10:22:29pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:46:44 04/25/15 Sat
Author: Rita
Subject: QOTD for Sunday, April 26, 2015

The following quote is taken from Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 36: "Prestonpans". Copyright (c) 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

Kincaid pulled the boy to his feet and propelled him to the edge of the clearing with a hand at his back. At the edge of the shadows he halted and turned back. Avoiding looking at me, he spoke only to Jamie.

“I owe you my life,” he said formally. “I should greatly prefer not to, but since you have forced the gift upon me, I must regard it as a debt of honor. I shall hope to discharge that debt in the future, and once it is discharged…” The boy’s voice shook slightly with suppressed hatred, losing all its assumed formality in the utter sincerity of his feelings. “…I’ll kill you!”

Jamie rose from the log to his full height. His face was calm, free of any taint of amusement. He inclined his head gravely to his departing prisoner. “In that case, sir, I must hope that we do not meet again.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I'm stopping by as I suggested on FB! Hi Rita! do you have the second half of the series yet? I miss you on the Starz board! I believe I need to reread DIA! But is this Lord John? ahh the beginning of a great friendship! -- BetsyG, 07:57:01 04/26/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Hello, BetsyG! :) I'm now caught up with all episodes... and I'll be re-watching again when it airs on TV here, starting May 15th. And it is Lord John -- such an inauspicious beginning to a long-lasting, if sometimes strained, friendship... -- Rita, 16:47:59 04/26/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Well, things did not quite go as John had expected when he met Jamie next. -- LisaW, 09:03:31 04/26/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Oh Lord John - I hope it's a week of him because I've grown to love him. Even here as a scared 16 year old he is so brave and honorable. -- Kathy in PA, 13:20:54 04/26/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I love Lord John, too. I've just finished listening to The Brotherhood of the Blade, and before that listened to Hand of the Devil as well as The Scottish Prisoner. I'd love to see a couple of spin-off movies done with his stories in between the Outlander books! -- Lady-Jane, 15:42:09 04/26/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.