VoyForums

Monday, December 06, 08:44:43amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:28:43 12/05/14 Fri
Author: LisaW
Subject: QOTD for Saturday, December 6, 2014

The following quote is taken from The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 43 “Succession”. copyright (c) 2011 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

” He lay for some time, his throat aching, listening to the dark,
hearing the voices of his dead pass by in the wind. His thoughts
grew vague and his grief eased, comforted by the knowledge of
love, still alive in the world. Sleep came near again.
   He touched the rough crucifix that lay against his chest and
whispered to the moving air, “Lord, that she might be safe, she
and my children.”
   Then turned his cheek to her reaching hand and touched her
through the veils of time. “

Jamie did so many things to care for and heal others, but his greatest sacrifice was to make Claire leave him so that she and his child would be safe. I hope you all enjoyed this week! Right now I am up in Mt. Shasta City, in northern California. We are on our annual “Wanket Christmas Tree Hunt”, as we call it. There are 18 nieces and nephews, 6 siblings and 5 spouses(one sister-in-law could not come), and 1 brand new son-in-law(mine). I am Blessed to have my family and LOL in my life!

Last edited by author: Fri December 05, 2014 21:33:34   Edited 2 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> As I was posting, I was thinking that William played a tremendous part in keeping Jamie whole and alive. As he said to Roger, " You are alive. You are whole. All is well" -- LisaW, 21:32:32 12/05/14 Fri

Last edited by author: Fri December 05, 2014 21:34:40   Edited 1 time.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Lady Dunsany offered him his freedom after he shot the 7th Earl and deferred so he could stay close to his son. I wonder if he thought of Claire raising another son, Brian, and if the boys were similar. -- kgp, 04:12:09 12/06/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Beautiful and gut-wrenching. I can never read this without having to rush for Voyager next, and read the reunion. -- Rita, 07:13:19 12/06/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Oh, good point, never thought of that. I remember the conversation in Voyager when Jamie said he always thought the bairn would be a boy and Claire asked if he was disappointed. -- DianaH, 09:40:15 12/08/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.