VoyForums

Tuesday, November 30, 06:53:53pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:18:57 12/09/14 Tue
Author: Happiapple
Subject: Quote of the Day for Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 94 "The Sense of Meeting". Copyrightę 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

A hush fell upon the room, and for a little while there was no sound but the remote noise of the streets outside. Here and there a cough, the clearing of a throat, but, overall, silence. Jamie laid a hand on mine, and my fingers turned to intertwine with his. I could feel his pulse in my own fingertips, the solid bones of knuckle and phalanges. His right hand, battered and marked with the scars of sacrifice and labor. Marked also with the signs of my love, the crude repairs done in pain and desperation.
Blood of my blood, bone of my bone...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I love their quiet moments. -- kgp, 09:28:33 12/10/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Kind of seeing a theme here of thoughts/impressions/remembering your wedding day. -- Lady Linda, 12:00:24 12/10/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Yeah, it started having a theme. The first one was just an off the top of my head quote, then it came on from there. I'll have to see if I can come up with more, otherwise the theme may switch mid-week. LOL! Enjoy! -- happiapple, 13:21:58 12/10/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Lovely moment. So peaceful. -- Rita, 13:20:47 12/10/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.