VoyForums

Tuesday, November 30, 06:46:57pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:59:37 12/10/14 Wed
Author: Happiapple
Subject: Quote of the Day for Thursday, December 11, 2014

The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 24 "A. Malcolm, Printer". Copyrightę 1994 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

I stretched out a hand toward him, as much to stop as to welcome him. I wanted more than anything to touch him again, but was unaccountably shy. After so long, how were we to start again?
He felt the constraint of mingled shyness and intimacy as well. Stopping a few inches from me, he took my hand. He hesitated for a moment, then bent his head over it, his lips barely brushing my knuckles. His fingers touched the silver ring and stopped there, holding the metal lightly between thumb and forefinger.
"I never took it off," I blurted. It seemed important he should know that. He squeezed my hand lightly, but didn't let go.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I loved their reunion. It was sweet and awkward and heart-warming and ... -- kgp, 06:14:25 12/11/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> They started with the ring and that was enough. -- LisaW, 07:07:38 12/11/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I'm loving these quotes! :) -- Rita, 14:01:06 12/11/14 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> My favorite section in the books. Herself hit all the right chords of how it might be - how were they to start again indeed? Just like this! -- DianaH, 06:56:56 12/12/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.