VoyForums

Saturday, November 27, 06:30:13amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:01:01 12/13/14 Sat
Author: Happiapple
Subject: Quote of the Day for Saturday, December 13, 2014

The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 9 "Two-thirds of a Ghost". Copyrightę 1992 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

It was the same hand now, pale and long-fingered, the knuckles slightly bony--oddly bare without my ring, but recognizably my hand. Yet it lay in a hand so much larger and rougher that is seemed small, and fragile by comparison.
His other hand squeezed tighter, pressing the metal of the silver ring into my flesh, reminding me of what remained. I lifted his fist and pressed it hard against my heart in answer. The rain began to fall, in large, wet drops, but neither of us moved.

Thanks for allowing me to do the quotes this week. Sorry today's is a little late. Really tired last night, and I meant to get up early, but didn't. I have a good time doing these, and it always amazes me how well I remember the books. Some I've only read twice, but they obviously mean so much to me that I remember right where incidents occur. Have a great week.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Thank you for a week of beautiful quotes. -- Valerie L., 07:48:29 12/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thank you for a good week of sweet moments -- kgp, 12:21:27 12/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thank you Happiapple. Now I have to follow in your fine footsteps. Thanks for your work -- Swarl, 12:53:26 12/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Lovely. Thank you! -- Rita, 15:09:47 12/13/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.