VoyForums

Tuesday, November 30, 07:56:18amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:23:12 12/14/14 Sun
Author: Swarl
Subject: (B)Quote of the Day for Sunday, December 14, 2014 - - (/B)

So I get up (late) and sit down with my coffe and open my ipad to look at QUOTD, which is always the first order of business, and leap out of the couch yelling, "I forgot. I forgot. Its my week!!!!." Then my slow computer decided to get so slow that I couldn't figure out how to get the title in Bold. I promise the formatting will be better tomorrow. So now that I have inspired your confidence. Here we go.
I was going to give us a week of Hal, but then realized that I kept coming back to Willie and Jamie in my re-reads. I love that they get to know each other thru actions and not words. So here we go. Enjoy.
This is Jamie convincing Willie to free Ian whom he betrayed to the Brits after their fight.

The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 21, "Bloody Men". Copyrightę 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

Jamie grabbed him by the upper arm again, and this time dug his fingers hard .....into the underside of the bone. William let out a strangled "Agh" and started to pant his eyes bulging.
"You're going to catch up with the men ye sent Ian with and tell them to set him free," Jamie said evenly. "If ye don't, I go down under a flag of truce to the camp where they are taking him, introduce myself, tell the commander who you are, and explain the reason for the fight. Ye'll be right there beside me. Do I make myself clear?" he asked, increasing the pressure of his fingers.
"Yes!" The word came out in a hiss, and Jamie let go suddenly, folding his hands into a fist to hide the fact that they were trembling and twitching from the effort.
"God damn you, sir," William whispered, and his eyes were black with violence. "God damn you to hell."

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Looking forward to a week of Jamie and Willie. Thanks. -- Valerie L., 07:55:30 12/14/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Not off to such a good start here. I'm looking forward to their developing relationship. -- kgp, 08:49:26 12/14/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Willie is seeing where some of his personality traits are coming from, here. -- LisaW, 10:08:10 12/14/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> A bit earlier in this scene, Jamie is seeing what he looks like when he has totally lost it in anger. He is quite surprised and impressed!!! -- swarl, 13:24:53 12/14/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I felt sorry for Jamie that he had to do this. It was not how he must have dreamed of getting close to William. But I also love the way that, as always, he does what he feels is the right thing, no matter what his personal sacrifice. -- Rita, 16:29:20 12/14/14 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> They finally get to start interacting.... -- Laura, 20:20:47 12/14/14 Sun

I was actually glad they were finally having some interaction at all.. Glad Jamie called him out on the real reason for the fight too! Poor Willie and Jamie.. will they ever catch a break?

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.