VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 01:15:05pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:31:19 12/15/14 Mon
Author: swarl
Subject: Quote of the Day for Monday, December 15, 2014 - -

Hal, who now knows the truth, is tending to wounded Willie.

The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 80 "Pater Noster". Copyrightę 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"You might have done worse," his Uncle observed after a moment. "In the way of sires, I mean."
"Oh really?" William said coldly.
"Granted, he is a Scot," the duke said judiciously.
"And a traitor."
"And a traitor," Hal agreed. "Damned fine swordsman, though. Knows his horses."
"He was a f***ing groom for God's sake! Of course he knows horses!" Fresh outrage made William jerk upright again, despite the thunder in his temples. "What am I bloody going to do?"
His uncle sighed deeply and put the cork back in the flask,
"Advice? You're too old to be given it and too young to take it." He glanced aside at William, his face very like Papa's. Thinner, older, dark brows beginning to beetle, but with that same rueful humor in the corners of his eyes. "Thought of blowing your brains out?"
William blinked, startled.
"No."
"That's good. Anything else is bound to be an improvement, isn't it?"

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I love that the description of Hal has the same eyes, with hunor in them, as John. And you can't get any better advice from a man then straight forward advice. -- LisaW, 05:50:51 12/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I like Hal a lot. Straightforward, no nonsense, get on with it. I think it's just what William needed to hear. -- kgp, 06:05:44 12/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I think that whole family is wonderfully witty. Hmmmm . . . maybe they get it from DG. Ya think? LOLOLOL -- CathyS, 08:44:36 12/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Tell it like it is, Hal! LOL! -- Lady Linda, 09:36:48 12/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> If he keeps dispensing good advice like this, I may mellow towards Hal... eventually. I'm still annoyed with his blackmailing Jamie in TSP. -- Rita, 11:11:12 12/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Hal had one of the best lines in the book, here, imo. I couldn't stop grinning, imagining William's face after hearing it. :-) -- fionaj, 06:15:29 12/17/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.