VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 10:45:52amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:30:50 12/15/14 Mon
Author: swarl
Subject: Quote of the Day for Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - - Swarl

Well, this isn't exactly Jamie and Willie, but then again,it isn't exactly not Jamie and Willie. Hal and John are headed toward Philly with no firm plans and a flag of truce.

The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 86, "In Which Rosy-Fingered Dawn Shows Up Mob-Handed". Copyright© 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"And who else has a better reason for helping us in this matter than does Jamie Fraser?"
"Who indeed?" They rode for some time in silence. Hal apparently lost in thought. It wasn't until they paused to find a creek and water the horses that he spoke again, water streaming down his face where he’d splashed it.
"So, you’ve not only somehow married Fraser's wife, but you've accidentally been raising his illegitimate son for the last 15 years?"
"Apparently so," Grey said, in a tone that he hoped indicated complete unwillingness to talk about it. For once, Hal took the hint.
"I see," he said, and, with no further questions, wiped his face with the flag of truce and mounted up.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> You gotta love Hal! I, like others was very upset with him in The Scottish Prisoner but he rather redeemed himself in this book in my opinion. -- Lady Linda, 20:44:21 12/15/14 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> He was very heavy handed in SP but needed to do what had to be done. Considering how hard he has worked to re-establish the family's honor after the lies about their father he has become very autocratic. John brings him back to earth though and he tried to make amends by offering the money to help Jamie's family. I think he knows John's secret but for the sake of honor he will not ask or acknowledge it. -- kgp, 03:04:21 12/16/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Okay, so Hal is maybe not so bad ;) But I absolutely adore Lord John -- and the way he talks :) "Apparently so," -- Rita, 03:24:39 12/16/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> I love these brothers together. Even though Hal is the older one, he treats John as his equal in age and experience. -- LisaW, 07:30:36 12/16/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> At this point, yes. In John's earlier stories Hal still tries to treat him as a child and John briefly considers punching him. -- kgp, 08:16:39 12/16/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I love Hal and Claire interacting. And can't wait for Hal's wife to show up. I don't think she'll stay in England when all of her family is in America. Can you imagine her reactions to the Fraser, Mac Kenzie and Murray women? I think she's the kind of spirit that will bond with these other strong women gladly. And she definitely knows how to handle Hal, and so does Claire. I'm firmly in the "love the Grey brothers" camp. -- Kathy in PA, 10:59:19 12/16/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Minnie would fit right in. And she already knows Jamie. -- kgp, 13:23:02 12/16/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Minnie and Jamie trust each other, but they have dirt on each other. so while I agree that Minnie will fit right in with the wome, there may be some sorting to do with the men!!! -- swarl, 14:54:26 12/16/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Hal and John will sort them before Minnie has a chance. Benedicta would sort everyone. -- kgp, 02:57:17 12/17/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> lol! So true! -- fionaj, 06:09:24 12/17/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.