VoyForums

Tuesday, November 30, 06:55:54pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:20:21 12/17/14 Wed
Author: fionaj
Subject: PS: And I think we should not forget the one French great granny---that's definitely in his DNA.
In reply to: kgp 's message, "First though, Willie has to redefine his self-image and accept that. He's still an Earl but no longer a "Yorkshiremen back to the flood". He also doesn't know Jamie's full history - that he had been a Laird of a small estate and responsible for people, his full military resume, and that he was received at court in France. He knows he was a groom, but does he know how he came to be one? He knows he's a rebel and had been a General at the last battle. I'm looking forward to his education." on 07:30:44 12/17/14 Wed

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> [> French Great-granny? -- kgp, 09:10:08 12/17/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Oh...it might be nothing, but in that conversation at BG Fraser's bedside [Echo, ch.66] William does say "No, Yorkshiremen back to the Flood on both sides, save one French great-grandmother". And >>>>> -- fionaj, 09:37:54 12/17/14 Wed

[this is connected in my brain, though I have no real reason for thinking it is connected in reality ;-)] in Brotherhood of the Blade, when John is searching the Dunsanys' house for the chapel on the night before Geneva is buried, he mentions that Geneva herself had shown it to him, and "it dated from a much earlier century, when the Viscounts of the Wastwater had been Catholic, and it had been disused for years." I guess "French" and "Catholic" just rang some bells for me.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> YNK - Diana pulls stuff out of nothing sometimes so it could be significant. -- kgp, 10:17:29 12/17/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Thanks! I'm gratified to learn that I may not be completely bonkers! -- fionaj, 10:22:56 12/17/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> What if the Great Grandmother was a Beauchamp? -- kgp, 12:35:34 12/17/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> That would be intriguing, no? ...guess we'll just have to wait and see what DG conjers... -- fionaj, 12:43:32 12/17/14 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.