VoyForums

Monday, November 29, 03:50:47pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:50:12 12/19/14 Fri
Author: swarl
Subject: Quote of the Day for Friday, December 19, 2014 - - Swarl

William brings Fanny to Jamie’s rooms.

The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 134 "Last Rites". Copyright© 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"William looked as though someone had hit him on the head, stunning him like an ox bound for slaughter. I looked uncertainly at Jamie, not knowing what to do for either of them. He glanced from one to the other, then rose and quietly took the girl into his arms.
"There, a nighean,” he said quietly, patting her back. His eyes met Willie's and I saw something pass between them - a question asked and answered. Jamie nodded. "I'll care for her," he said.
"Thank you. She . . .Jane," William said with difficulty. "I want to - to bury her. Decently. But I think I can't . . . . claim her."
"Aye," Jamie said. "We'll see to it. Go and do whatever ye need to do. Come back when ye can."

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Just read this passage of jane, William & Jamie last night. So sad for Jane and the wee Fanny, still I enjoyed reading this chapter. -- Helka, 06:37:13 12/19/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> Jamie and William working together to make things right. -- LisaW, 07:23:19 12/19/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> "...a question asked and answered..."-Diana often uses this phrase to describe the wordless communication between two people who know each other well. Very nice! :-) -- fionaj, 14:52:16 12/19/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> PS: We might say "on the same wavelength." -- fionaj, 14:53:31 12/19/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> What I love about this quote is that they have spoken twice as adult man to man? Maybe 3 times? And yet there is this understanding that passes between father and son. I just love it. -- Swarl, 15:17:34 12/19/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Yes,. Willie, too, is falling under Jamie's spell. Didin't we all? :) -- Rita, 15:38:40 12/19/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.