VoyForums

Wednesday, December 01, 12:44:29pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:12:53 12/19/14 Fri
Author: swarl
Subject: Quote of the Day for Saturday, December 20, 2014 - - Swarl

Having found out for himself what Jamie is made of, Willie finally dares to confront him with his anger.

The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 136, "Unfinished Business". Copyright© 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"Are you sorry?" he said, and made no effort to keep his voice from shaking. "Are you sorry for it, damn you?"
Fraser had turned away; now he turned sharply to face William but didn't speak at once. When he did, his voice was low and firm.
"She died because of it, and I shall sorrow for her death and do penance for my part in it until my own dying day. But —" He compressed his lips for an instant, and then, too fast for William to back away, came round the table and, raising his hand, cupped William's cheek, the touch light and fierce,
"No," he whispered. "No! I am not sorry." The he whirled on his heel, threw open the door, and was gone, kilt flying."

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> William had wondered if the kindness he had received from "Mac" was fatherly or because of the position in the household. This is the first evidence he gets that Jamie truly wanted to be with him at Helwater. -- kgp, 03:30:36 12/20/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I'd never thought of that. Jamie and William. Indisputably the #1 thing I',m most waiting for in the next book. Jamie so deserves to have William really *be* his son. And William is atarting to see the light, I know he is :) In a way it makes things easier that he never met Ellesmere, and he's only a somewhat distant reference. It would be worse if he had been brought up (and loved) by someone he thought was his biological father. He will have the best possible fathers: John and Jamie. -- Rita, 04:55:41 12/20/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> In MOBY there are several places where Willie is remembering scenes from his early childhood with the knowledge that Jamie was his Father.The one that sticks out for me is when Willie was rescued by Jamie in the fog. Jamie had named him and given him the wooden crucifix which he had worn all his life. I think he has lots of evidence of Jamie's fatherly love to chew on. -- swarl, 05:55:40 12/20/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> I'm longing for the scene where Jamie gives the rosary back to Willie and he takes it, this time with the full knowledge of what that gesture means. -- Rita, 08:14:26 12/20/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> in my imagination, i have a scene where Bree has lost her temper with Willie, who still has no idea who Jamie is. She yells at him telling him about Red Jamie, the French Court, keeping all his men alive at Ardsmuir etc etc. Who else is going to set him straight? -- swarl, 06:01:28 12/20/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I agree. It's like when Rachel reamed him out about his treatment of Ian, his kin. I'm sure Bri will lose her temper if William stays so intransigent ( a word I learned from Diana ). -- Kathy in PA, 06:35:21 12/20/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I'd love to read that! Echoes of Jamie and Jenny... Two stubborn Frasers butting heads-- and I suspect the girls will always win in the end. -- Rita, 08:13:11 12/20/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Brianna can relate to William, in that she had to come to terms with Jamie being her Father. Brianna can be the one to help him understand what an honorable and loving man Jamie is, and then William can find peace in his heart with who he is, the son of a great man. -- LisaW, 09:24:27 12/20/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.