VoyForums

Tuesday, November 30, 09:46:12amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:09:35 12/22/14 Mon
Author: kgp
Subject: QOTD for Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The following quotation is from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 1997. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 45. Fifty-Fifty.

“You think people plan it? Good God, how many times did I come to that school of yours and give talks about - ”

“All the time! Every year! My mother the sex encyclopedia! Do you have any idea how mortifying it is to have your own mother standing up in front of everybody, drawing pictures of penises?

Her face went the color of the scarlet maples, flushed with the memory.

“I must not have done it all that well,” I said tartly, “since you seem not to have recognized one when you saw it.”

Her face jerked toward me, blood in her eye, but then relaxed when she saw that I was joking – or trying to.

“Right,” she said. “Well, they look different in 3-D.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Oh God, THOSE conversations between Mother and Daughter. You don't know whether to laugh or cry. -- Kathy in PA, 04:06:07 12/23/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> I had a similar conversation with my mother 30 some years ago. It went along the lines of my little sister holding up my diaphragm and asking what it was, and my mom turns to me and says, "Don't ask Lisa, she doesn't know what it is either." I was pregnant with my DD, Katie. Her dad and I were married when she turned 3. I can so relate Bree! :) -- LisaW, 07:18:52 12/23/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> LOL!!! Love your story, LisaW. :D -- Rita, 09:15:28 12/23/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.