VoyForums

Tuesday, November 30, 07:25:48pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:06:59 12/24/14 Wed
Author: kgp
Subject: QOTD for Thursday, December 25th, 2014

The following quotation is from A Breath Of Snow And Ashes by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 2005. All Rights Reserved. Chapter 115. Nosepicker

“A difference of opinion,” I repeated.

“Aye, they thought they’d throw us in the harbor, and we thought they wouldn’t.” He slung a chair round with his boot and sat down on in backward, arms crossed on its back. He looked indecently cheerful, face flushed with sun and laughter.

“I don’t want to know,” I said, though of course I did. I glanced at Ian, who was still sniggering quietly to himself, and observed that while he was slightly less battered than Jamie, he had one forefinger lodged in his nose up to the knuckle.

“Have you got a bloody nose, Ian?”

He shook his head, still giggling. “No, Auntie. Some o’ the Society do, though.”

“Well, why have you got your finger up your nose, then? Have you picked up a tick or something?”

“No, he’s keepin’ his brains from falling out,” Jamie said, and went off into another fit.

** Not all of us are celebrating Christmas and some of us who are might rather not at present. But all of us could use a laugh. I hope that whatever your day brings, your brains won't fall out of your nose.**

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Thanks for the break,. -- Laura (FanGirl), 19:04:51 12/24/14 Wed

I had forgotten this scene completely. I love Christmas (and celebrating it) but always up for a laugh. Love Ian and Jamie together... drawn to their dynamic always...

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thank you! :D My brains seem to be still in place. I'm not certain they won't fall out of my nose after I'm done with the rhenish... ;) -- Rita, 06:44:30 12/25/14 Thu

Last edited by author: Thu December 25, 2014 11:33:52   Edited 1 time.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Jamie and Ian together!! That makes me happy! -- LisaW, 09:48:39 12/26/14 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> One of my favorite scenes! -- JanetP, 17:38:08 12/27/14 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.