VoyForums

Sunday, November 28, 07:35:17pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 01:05:55 01/01/15 Thu
Author: Helka
Subject: QOTD for Thursday, January 1, 2015 The following quote is taken from The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 31 “Betrayal”. copyright (c) 2011 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"He can—and will, I'm afraid—use you to accomplish his ends regarding Siverly,
but those ends do not include either kidnapping or murder, and he intends you no harm.

In fact—"he hesitated for a moment, but then firmed his jaw and went on,
eyes fixed on the hands that hung between his knees— "should this venture end in success,
I think I can promise you that you will . . . benefit from it."

Not exactly a New Year's quote, this is about Jamie ending up in serving someone else's interests. Dougal used him and, in a way, Claire telling about the ens of the Jacobite Cause turned him to work against it, which wouldn't have happened. I'm just waiting for him to finally focus on his own life at the ridge

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> He let himself be used by Governor Tryon to get the land in NC knowing that his religion could be turned against him at any time. It was that or Jocasta's scheme. I wonder if anyone still on the ridge, Hiram Cromby for instance, will tell him he's forfeited his land by turning against the crown and he'll need to fight again for his own. -- kgp, 06:25:45 01/01/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> They better friggin' not!!!! -- Kathy in PA, 07:12:16 01/01/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I have a hard time seeing Jamie ever focus on his own interests. His role has always been Laird, and taking care of His People is part and parcel of his soul. Some happiness on the Ridge and watching out for his family only would certainly be nice, but given the American Revolution, I doubt there will be much peace in the next book. -- Lady-Jane, 10:40:09 01/01/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> John isn't very comfortable telling Jamie that he may eventually end up benefiting by being used by Hal. He knows Jamie won't see it as something to be grateful for. -- Rita, 12:06:01 01/01/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.