VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 10:33:50amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:55:51 01/02/15 Fri
Author: Helka
Subject: QOTD for Saturday, January 3, 2015 The following quote is taken from The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 5 “Why Am Not I at Peace”. Copyright (c) 2011 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

"Does it taste well?" He asked casually.
The question of taste appeared not to have occurred to Willie,
who looked startled and frowned at the nail, as though wondering where it had come from.
     "Es," he said, but uncertainly.
     "Give me a taste, then." He leaned toward the child, putting out his tongue,
and Willie blinked once, then obligingly reached the nail up.
Jamie folded his hand very gently around Willie's fist and drew his tongue delicately up the length of the nail.

It tasted, naturally enough, of iron and horse hoof, but he had to admit that it wasn't a bad taste at all.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I dedicate this last quote to David Robbins. He's Betsy Barefoot Spinner's husband and now is injured badly. Being a father, is natural to Jamie, and I believe David would enjoy reading this passage and feel kinship to Jamie in this tricky situation of negotiating a horseshoe nail from a toddler's mouth. Also Scottish Prisoner is a book I like to reread once in a while. Though the book has a sad undertone there are these little moments where Jamie and Willie have a real connection. Then the friendship with Lord John is re-established. And the book is of Jamie's perspective and insight and that is a wonderful read. Thank you all for the week. -- Helka, 00:09:18 01/03/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> That is lovely to think of David. I love what you said about Scottish Prisoner having a sad undertone, but with momets of friendship renewel, and Jamie spending time with William. -- LisaW, 08:50:49 01/04/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thank you. You made me cry this morning - even before I read your tribute to David. These, however, are happy tears. So lovely to read Jamie's times with wee William. -- CathyS, 06:36:32 01/03/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Beautifully said, Helka, and thank you for a wonderful week of quotes. -- Valerie L., 08:11:46 01/03/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Jamie is a wonderful father. I'm glad he has his grandsons now, and can have them as young children as he could never have his own. Beautiful week, Helka! -- Rita, 09:06:13 01/03/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I always feel so sad for him, that he was not able to raise his own children. This is lovely. -- kgp, 13:12:38 01/03/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I am enjoying the LJ quotes ladies! - Jamie and Willie warm and break my heart always. -- Laura, 16:20:43 01/03/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.