VoyForums

Tuesday, November 30, 08:04:40amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:18:18 01/03/15 Sat
Author: Rita
Subject: Quote of the Day for Sunday, January 4, 2015

The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 113 "Thanks for All the Fish". Copyright© 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“You can buy another when we reach Wilmington,” I said practically, returning his favor by unbuttoning his breeks. They slid off his lean hips and fell, puddling round his feet. “It would be lovely for William to know the truth about Bree and her family sometime. Will you tell him?”
“In the event that he ever comes within speakin’ distance of me without trying to kill me?” One corner of his mouth curled ruefully. “Aye, maybe. But I maybe wouldn’t tell him all the truth.”
“Well, perhaps not all at once, no,” I agreed. A warm breeze from the window stirred his hair and the tails of his shirt. I fingered the creased linen, warm and damp from his body. “Why don’t you take that off?”
He looked me over carefully; I was standing now in nothing but my shift and stockings. A slow smile spread into his eyes.
“Fair’s fair,” he said. “Take yours off, as well, then.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> And where have we heard that last line before??! ;-) Sigh. -- Mia, 07:46:09 01/04/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I think William will warm to the idea of his real family. -- kgp, 08:13:56 01/04/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I can't wait for William to find out that he is not an only child and that he has a niece and nephew. I suspect Brianna will not let him off so easy. -- LisaW, 08:53:53 01/04/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> He already knows he is not an only child and that he has met her briefly. Jamie tells him in this book but at this time I can't remember exactly where I read it. -- Connee, 12:54:56 01/04/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> It's when they were breaking in to rescue Jane. Jamie put honey on the window, covered it with paper and then was able to remove all the pieces without noise after smashing the glass. He told William that his daughter had read it in a book. William is astonished to learn he has a sister and Jamie says aye, they've met. -- kgp, 15:38:47 01/04/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.