VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 09:45:32pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:04:07 01/05/15 Mon
Author: Rita
Subject: Quote of the Day for Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The following quote is taken from The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 39: "The Fog Comes Down". Copyright (c) 2011 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

Willie clung to him like a leech, trying to burrow into his chest, and he wrapped his arms tight around the boy, too overcome to speak.
To this point, he could not really have said that he loved William. Feel the terror of responsibility for him, yes. Carry thought of him like a gem in his pocket, certainly, reaching now and then to touch it, marveling. But now he felt the perfection of the tiny bones of Williamís spine through his clothes, smooth as marbles under his fingers, smelled the scent of him, rich with the incense of innocence and the faint tang of shit and clean linen. And thought his heart would break with love.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> such a lovely quote, thank you. I hope that William can feel safe with Jamie again. -- kgp, 05:56:01 01/06/15 Tue

Last edited by author: Tue January 06, 2015 05:56:14   Edited 1 time.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Oh, my heart breaks for this brave, strong man who will not be able to help guide his son into manhood. -- Valerie L., 08:30:11 01/06/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> This is so beautiful. To hear a man find the love he has for his son is powerful. I do hope William will get to hear these memories of Jamie -- LisaW, 13:30:49 01/06/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> And yes, it can be just that fast and swift. My first child grew on me and in a couple of short weeks I loved him with all my soul. Every child since I have adored immediately because my sweet, special DS taught that beautiful love. -- LollyS, 06:19:19 01/07/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.