VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 12:20:30amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 03:38:13 01/07/15 Wed
Author: Rita
Subject: Quote of the Day for Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 27: "Trout Fishing in America". Copyright (c) 1997 by Diana Gabaldon. Chapter 45. Fifty-Fifty.

It wasn’t stubbornness, nor even loyalty, that had made Willie insist on staying at the Ridge. It was love of John Grey, and fear of his loss. And it was the same love that made the boy weep in the night, desperate with worry for his father.
An unaccustomed weed of jealousy sprang up in Jamie’s heart, stinging like nettles. He stamped firmly on it; he was fortunate indeed to know that his son enjoyed a loving relationship with his stepfather. There, that was the weed stamped out. The stamping, though, seemed to have left a small bruised spot on his heart; he could feel it when he breathed.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Ah. I wonder if my DH feels this way about our kids who he adopted at a young age! Our grandson resembles and acts like his biological grandfather, and it's all I can do to contain my comments to the same. And yet this wee lad of 18 months lights up when he spots his "Pop." I guess it all comes out in the wash, as we say in KY! -- LollyS, 06:16:47 01/07/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Jamie's such a generous man, can't blame him for being a little jealous that Willie considers John his father. -- kgp, 06:22:56 01/07/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> How could Jamie not feel a bit of jealousy? But he is a person who appreciates his feelings, and recognizes that he must accept the relationship between John and William. -- LisaW, 06:47:38 01/07/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> So much contained in so few lines. this is another reqason why I love Jamie so and admire both him and Lord John for how they are dealing with this sensitive situation. -- Valerie L., 08:21:50 01/07/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.