VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 12:12:14amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:50:38 01/08/15 Thu
Author: Rita
Subject: Quote of the Day for Thursday, January 8, 2015

The following quote is taken from Written In my Own Heart’s Blood by Diane Gabaldon, Chapter 88: "A Whiff of Roquefort". Copyright (c) 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“And I do, of course, wish to retrieve my nephew, William—should he in fact be with Richardson. My brother informs me that you have doubts as to the probability of this being the case?”
“I do,” Jamie said shortly. “My son is not a fool, nor a weakling.” I caught the faint emphasis on “my son,” and so did both Greys, who stiffened slightly. “He wouldna go off on some feeble pretext, nor would he allow someone of whom he was suspicious to take him captive.”
“You have a bloody lot of faith in a boy you haven’t seen since he was six,” Hal observed conversationally.
Jamie smiled, with considerable rue.
“I had the making of him until he was six,” he said, and turned his gaze on John. “I ken what he’s made of. And I ken who shaped him after that. Tell me I’m wrong, my lord.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Imagine his relief in being able to publicly use the words "my son". I can also imagine, though, John's feelings in his position as father being challenged. -- kgp, 05:59:23 01/08/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> The acknowledgement of John is wonderful. Jamie knows between the two of them they are makers of great men. -- LisaW, 07:01:27 01/08/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I soooo LOVE This. -- CathyS, 07:18:33 01/08/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> Oh, I love this too.Willie will be okay. He's had the two best of men in the making of him. -- Valerie L., 13:19:00 01/08/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I respect the credit that Jamie gave to John ......he acknowledged that John did a good job with "their " son... -- Aussiewench, 14:21:47 01/08/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.