VoyForums

Friday, December 03, 07:54:31amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:48:14 01/10/15 Sat
Author: Lady Linda
Subject: QOTD for Sunday, January 11, 2015

The following quote is taken from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 17, We Meet A Beggar, Copyright © 1991 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

“Ah, that’s it,” he said finally, in the satisfied tones of a man who has solved a difficult puzzle. “Now I know what ye mind me of, lad.” He turned to me.

“Ever seen a red stag near the end of the rutting season, lass?” he said confidentially. “The poor beasts dinna sleep nor eat for several weeks, because they canna spare the time, between fightin’ off the other stags and serving the does. By the end o’ the season, they’re naught but skin and bones. Their eyes are deep-sunk in their heads, and the only part o’ them that doesna shake wi’ palsy is their-----“

The last of this was lost in a chorus of laughter as Jamie pulled me up the stairs. We did not come down to supper.

No special theme this week. Just one quote from each of the first seven books.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> This was one of the scenes that added to my confusion about how I felt about Dougal. I could never quite get the measure of him. -- kgp, 04:38:23 01/11/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I think that is one of the reasons I find him so intriguing! He keeps me a bit off balance. Guess I like that in a (fictional) man. LOL -- CathyS, 06:13:19 01/11/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> So true! I feel like I am to dislike him and then he has these moments where I just adore him. -- LisaW, 09:59:35 01/11/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I liked Dougal. His ambiguity made him very interesting. And loved this bit in the books, I would have liked to see Graham McTavish do this scene :) -- Rita, 12:27:08 01/11/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.