VoyForums

Tuesday, November 30, 07:07:26amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:01:31 01/11/15 Sun
Author: Lady Linda
Subject: QOTD for Monday, January 12, 2015

The following quote is taken from Dragonfly In Amber by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 29, To Grasp The Nettle, Copyright © 1992 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

“That was the entrance, once,” he said. “The rocks fell once before, and sealed this place.” He turned back and rested a hand on the rocky outcrop that shielded the lovers from the light.

“They must have felt their way around the cave, hand in hand,” I said. “Looking for a way out, in the dust and the dark.”

“Aye.” He rested his forehead against the stone, eyes closed. “And the light was gone, and the air failed them. And so they lay down in the dark to die.” The tears made wet tracks through the dust on his cheeks. I brushed a hand beneath my own eyes, and took his free hand, carefully weaving my fingers with his.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Sad, but so beautiful! -- Rita, 17:41:21 01/11/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Lovers lost to the world, but not each other. -- LisaW, 07:01:06 01/12/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> What a lovely way to phrase that - thank you for sharing! -- Lori V, 07:55:21 01/12/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.