VoyForums

Monday, December 06, 03:18:51amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:10:33 01/12/15 Mon
Author: Lady Linda
Subject: QOTD for Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 24, A. Malcolm, Printer, Copyright © 1994 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

He splayed a hand out over the photographs, trembling fingers not quite touching the shiny surfaces, and then he turned and leaned toward me, slowly, with the improbable grace of a tall tree falling. He buried his face in my shoulder and went very quietly and thoroughly to pieces.

I held him to my breast, arms tight around the broad, shaking shoulders, and my own tears fell on his hair, making small dark patches in the ruddy waves. I pressed my cheek against the top of his head, and murmured small incoherent things to him as though he were Brianna. I thought to myself that perhaps it was like surgery---even when an operation is done to repair existing damage, the healing is still painful.

“Her name?” He raised his face at last, wiping his nose on the back of his hand. He picked up the pictures again, gently, as though they might disintegrate at his touch. “What did ye name her?”

“Brianna,” I said proudly.

“Brianna?” he said, frowning at the pictures. “What an awful name for a wee lassie!”

Speaking of wee. This went a wee bit long and I am afraid that Judie will dock my pay! LOL!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> How timely!! I just read this part today - On my second round of reading the series. -- Laura, 19:20:53 01/12/15 Mon

I love this scene too.. Not too long for me!

[ Edit | View ]

[> We very rarely see Jamie fall to pieces, so it really is hard to read. But in true Jamie fashion he comes right back with his humor. BTW my DH's grandmother said something similar when she met our DD for the first time. DD's name is Katie, and she said, "That is a terrible name for a little girl." I thought my FIL would about die when she said it. :) -- LisaW, 05:48:59 01/13/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> All the unshed tears of the last 20 years.... -- kgp, 06:05:19 01/13/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Loved the whole reunion, one of my favorite parts of the Books. It doesn't bother me to see Jamie fall to pieces here. I think it would have been less real if he hadn't been swamped with strong emotions. -- DianaH, 06:08:15 01/13/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> I like long books. I like long quotes. :) I also like how Jamie, again -- at last! -- has someone with whom he can be vulnerable. -- Rita, 06:09:20 01/13/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Hoser! :D -- Judie, 07:15:51 01/13/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.