VoyForums

Monday, November 29, 04:00:59pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:51:27 01/13/15 Tue
Author: Lady Linda
Subject: QOTD for Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The following quote is taken from Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 21, Night on a Snowy Mountain, Copyright © 1997 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

“Really?” That was a little startling; I too had dreamt of Brianna in our icy shelter---something I seldom did.

“I did wonder . . .” Jamie hesitated for a moment. “Has she a birthmark, Sassenach? And, if so, did ye tell me of it?”

“She does,” I said slowly, thinking. “I don’t think I ever told you about it, though; it isn’t visible most of the time, so it’s been years since I noticed it myself. It’s a ---“

His hand tightening on my shoulder stopped me.

“It’s a wee brown mark, shaped like a diamond,” he said. “Just behind her left ear. Isn’t it?”

“Yes, it is.” It was warm and cozy in bed, but a small coolness on the back of my neck made me shiver suddenly. “Did you see that in your dream?”

“I kissed her there,” he said softly.

Obviously not the usual type of Wednesday quote but it is one of my favorites from the fourth book in the series.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I love that Jamie travels through his dreams to Brianna, and Claire when he was away from her all those years. -- LisaW, 06:50:46 01/14/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Interesting that he dreams that so specifically. It also echoes the birthmark they find on Jem when they shave his head during the lice infestation but that one is said to resemble the one Roger has. It's a sweet moment. -- kgp, 07:10:42 01/14/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Amazing the vivid dreams our Jamie has. There is also the one he talks about when Bree & family have gone back and he describes the telephone that Jem wants to call him on. -- DianaH, 09:51:13 01/14/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> At this time Jamie (and us!) didn't imagine he would one day have more than pictures and dreams. -- Rita, 14:28:57 01/14/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.