VoyForums

Tuesday, November 30, 07:48:52pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:01:35 01/16/15 Fri
Author: Lady Linda
Subject: QOTD for Saturday, January 17, 2015

The following quote is taken from An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 35, TICONDEROGA, Copyright © 2009 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

“Oh, just part of the general decline.” I said, trying to make a joke of it. I flexed my right arm, gingerly, feeling a twinge in the elbow. “Things don’t bend quite so easily as they used to. And other things hurt. Sometimes I think I’m falling apart.”

Jamie closed one eye and regarded me.

“I’ve felt like that since I was about twenty,” he observed. “Ye get used to it.” He stretched, making his spine give off a series of muffled pops, and held out a hand. “Come to bed, a nighean. Nothing hurts when ye love me.

He was right, nothing did.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I loved your quotes this week. Thank you. -- SusiQ, 04:56:02 01/17/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I appreciate it. -- Lady Linda, 06:34:35 01/17/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> To think back on all these two have endured, physically and emotionally . . . -- kgp, 07:03:05 01/17/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> This is one of the great one's too!! Thanks for a great week! -- LisaW, 09:56:15 01/17/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I loved this journey through the books. and perfect ending. Not twenty, anymore, but the magic is still here. -- Rita, 11:24:31 01/17/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> For Jamie and Claire AND for us. Great week of special moments from each book. It's gotten so sometimes I can't remember where things happened - but every book is so special I can't really say I have a favorite any more. -- Kathy in PA, 11:45:17 01/17/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Thank you for the kind comments. It is fun to do quote of the day. Believe it or not, I spend an inordinate amount of time sifting through my "working copies" of the books that have a thousand stickie notes on them to come up with a week's worth of quotes. But, I am retired now so it is time to do what I love and I have the time to do it! -- Lady Linda, 12:11:25 01/17/15 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Congratulations on your retirement. I hope you have a long, healthy time to do all the things you love and now have time for. -- Kathy in PA, 03:54:30 01/18/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.