VoyForums

Tuesday, December 07, 11:26:33amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:26:49 01/18/15 Sun
Author: CindyG
Subject: QOTD for Monday, January 19, 2015

The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 26, Whore's Brunch. Copyright © 1994 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

"The door opened very slowly, and after quite a long pause, a head poked its way through the opening, much in the manner of a snail emerging from its shell after a hailstorm.

It was topped with an ill-cut shag of dark brown hair so thick that the cropped edges stuck out like a shelf above a pair of large ears. The face beneath was long and bony; rather pleasantly homely, save for a pair of beautiful brown eyes, soft and huge as a deer’s, that rested on me with a mingled expression of interest and hesitancy.

The head and I regarded each other for a moment.

'Are you Mr. Malcolm’s … woman?' it asked.

'I suppose you could say so,' I replied cautiously. This was obviously not the chambermaid with my breakfast. Neither was it likely to be one of the other employees of the establishment, being evidently male, though very young. He seemed vaguely familiar, though I was sure I hadn’t seen him before. I pulled the sheet a bit higher over my breasts. 'And who are you?' I inquired.

The head thought this over for some time, and finally answered, with equal caution, 'Ian Murray.'"

I just loved how Claire refers to him as "the head" until Ian tells her who he is.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Ian has always reminded me of my youngest son and I have watched them both become lovely men over the years. -- Lady Elizabeth, 05:41:24 01/19/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Poor Ian. He was just mortified at finding a woman in Uncle Jamie's bed! LOL! -- Lady Linda, 07:39:53 01/19/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> But still kept his manners. He's certainly being raised right - even if he can't "stay down on the farm." He is one of my favorites too! -- Kathy in PA, 10:26:45 01/19/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I would be very happy to read a week's worth of young Ian quotes. Thanks for what you've given us so far and looking forward to what comes next. -- Valerie L., 08:13:39 01/19/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I like how he refers to Jamie as Mr. Malcolm. -- LisaW, 09:35:51 01/19/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Love the hesitant ",,,, woman?" :) -- Rita, 13:19:35 01/19/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.