VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:26:37 07/26/06 Wed
Author: JAGfan1 (HOPELESSLY THRILLED!)
Subject: JAG on DVD! JAG on DVD!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that expression thingy is new!
So I went to Target this morning at 10:21 AM and got JAG Season 1 on DVD... wore my JAG T-shirt and everything, the people in the store must've thought I was nuts... but then they were right. I watched the pilot for the first time ever today - USA hardly ever aired it and when they did, it was like, Season 1, no Mac, I wasn't that interested. But now that it's on DVD, and we're not getting new episodes anymore, it's JAG so I don't care who's in it, I'm watching it anyways! LOL.
Did anybody else rush out first thing this morning and then waste the day watching JAG? LOL I guess not waste, but you didn't get any RL stuff done...
The thing that struck me was how old it seemed, since Season 1 started in 1995, they still refer to NCIS as NIS, and Windows 95 as a good operating system. LOL.
I'm just so happy! WE'VE WAITED YEARS FOR TODAY! WHich... technically, is yesterday since it's like 12:30 here. LOL. Anyways... JAG ON DVD! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Jag/DVD -- Louise (In A Hurry), 14:14:16 07/26/06 Wed

I rushed out first thing to Walmart, had the clerk dig it
out of the box for me. Some don't want S1, But why not
get them all. Waiting for S2

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Nope, don't want season1 because it was awful and campy. I'm saving my money for season 2 in November. I can't wait. In answer to your question Louise of why not get them all. Well, because season 1 stunk imo and why waste money on something i'll never watch. It would be like opening the window and throwing money away. I only want season 2 -10 with Mac in them. -- Kathy, 10:56:11 07/27/06 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I agree that the show was far better starting in season 2, but I did buy the DVD's, and I have found some good parts. There are a couple of commentaries, one about how the whole show got started, and another, over the course of the whole pilot episode, about different characters and actors, and filming and editing techniques. Putting the shows together is like a big jigsaw puzzle, blending stock footage, location shots, and stage sets, all mixed in very close to each other. Oh, well--to each his own! -- Deemus, 18:52:07 07/27/06 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I was disappointed that they didn't bring Meg up at all when they were interviewing the actors. They just mentioned Bud, Harm, and Kate. -- Meg (And yeah, the name is because of the character), 21:12:05 07/28/06 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Tracy Needham was not a favorite of DB....NBC "forced" her upon him b/c they wanted a blonde as Harm's sidekick, meaing Andrea Parker (who was a fave of DB's) was left out....its not surprising to me.....that's why when CBS picked up JAG they went with a new female lead, no way TPTB were going to bring back Tracy Needham. I don't think its anything personal, but NBC forced her into the show......I'm waiting for S2, there wasn't anything about S1 that interests me, I didn't get hooked on JAG until the Mac character was introduced, so I'll save my money for S2's arrival.... -- Jennifer, 15:26:52 08/01/06 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> If Meg or Kate stayed in Jag I wouldnt last long as a fan one reason I quit NBC. The characters were all cartoons then.Thank God for our Marine Mac. -- Chad, 21:10:25 08/01/06 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Could not help running out to season One and it has been a life saver during this Summer TV doldrums. No commercials, and I have not seen season one episodes in so long, I forgot alot of stuff. Actually I like all the "campy" stuff it works for the summer. Like trash novels on the beach. Anyway, it did occure to me 10 seasons at about $35 per season is $350 dollars - alot of dinero! Now that Pepper Dennis was cancelled, I have nothing fun to watch on TV. Jag fills the bill for me. -- Lucky., 22:37:47 07/28/06 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> The trick is to just hold out a couple of extra months till the prices start to drop and then get them. There are a couple of online places that sell them for less now and much less later. -- TV Junkie Mom, 21:20:49 08/08/06 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> I think Season 1 is important, if only because we learn so much about Harm's background and the things that drive him. -- Ann, 23:22:17 07/29/06 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I watched Skeleton Crew-- so wierd to see Catherine as Diane and not as Mac!! The interviews were good!!!! Just plain and simple waiting for November LOL I got Season 1 so I will have the complete set!!! Maybe someday I will watch the other Season 1 eps LOL -- Kristen, 23:07:25 07/30/06 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I drool season 1 for Harm alone but for me its all about season 2 and beyond. Semper fi Harm and Mac. -- Andiek, 00:18:36 07/31/06 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> So who were the actors interviewed? I love Harm but I need Mac for the real Jag experience. I cant wait for season 2 as well. Im relieved its coming soon. I hope everything comes soon because the world might end soon, sorry to sound so blue and down. -- M, 00:37:53 07/31/06 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> sorry for all my soon typos. -- sleepy M, 00:38:49 07/31/06 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> A lot of good writers are pairing Harm with Meg, Singer,Jen and others. That's ok, the writers of fanfic have that right, but I just can't read them. There is one author who is smart and clever, though, she leaves out the name of Harm's woman and lets it be up to the reader to fill in. It's only Mac for me. -- DAR, 10:25:17 08/02/06 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Same here--it's Mac or no one. In addition--if they're still in the service, all those mentioned pairings are wrong, because of fraternization, etc., rules, and Harm would be at fault because he's the senior officer. -- Deemus, 13:01:42 08/02/06 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> But not as many and uber good as the authors of Harm and Mac.God bless them ALL. Why didnt they release JAG season 10 first all the way down? Arghh. -- Poohmar, 23:14:38 08/02/06 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I really like Meg, but I think what happen in "Touch and Go" seems like such a possibility for her character. If Meg had stayed on the show, I think she would have down pretty well in her career, but faded out into oblivion. The Mac character is just so right for Harm - "third times a charm." I like the fact that she is a Marine, Much more interesting creating a more dynamic relationship. Also Mac is more challenging to Harm, which is really exciting as he matures and settles into own life (not defining himself so much through Daddy. -- Lucky, 21:13:34 08/11/06 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> I think you mean Kate, not Meg--Meg never appeared after season 1. I agree, though, with what you said about Kate, and about Mac. -- Deemus, 15:22:02 08/12/06 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Dar beleive me I do think there are lots of really good possible stories left in the Meg and Harm teaming, and I always thought Mac has the advantage of 9 seasons for viewers to fall in love with her, but after viewing season one DVDs in sequence, Mac was needed. I do not think it is just the "ship" hook. -- Lucky, 21:17:34 08/11/06 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> You're right Lucky. Mac (CB) was what the show needed to stay afloat. Even dpb and dje stated this fact in interviews. The ship came later. Also, I never saw the chemistry between CB and dje. CB even said in an interview that it was like kissing her brother. They weren't at all attracted to each other and CB is very much in love with her hubby. -- Kathy, 14:59:25 08/15/06 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Kathy, I am glad I never have to kiss my brother, LOL! But I think DJE and CB are good enough actors to pull it off if they would have been given the plotline. -- Lucky, 20:36:05 08/17/06 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Do you have a link to some Meg fanfics? I've tried to search on fanfiction.net and can barely find anything. -- Meg, 17:51:49 08/16/06 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Sorry I don't.....I didn't care for Meg so I don't read anything that features her....Fanfic.net is probably the best, you might also try searching Yahoo Groups....Sorry I don't have more info for you :) -- Jennifer, 19:47:48 08/21/06 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Mac and Harm were electrofrying from the very first time they met in the rose garden. They brought something exciting to the show. It's really too bad the Don threw it away at the last few years. It would still be going if he had let their romance develope. Oh well, all we can hope for now is a film with them together. -- DAR, 15:54:10 08/12/06 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> I loved Season 1 and it got me hooked on JAG. I put up wiith Mac in 2-10 because I was watching for Harm and Harm alone. I much preferred Harm with Meg; Harm with Kate; Harm with Jordan. Never Harm with Mac. Sorry, clearly not a shipper here. -- Laurie, 16:25:25 08/13/06 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> when is season 2 dvd coming out again? Im a nonship but I love the chemistry,story and dynamics of Harm and Mac better. I didnt mind Harm with Mac. Mac made him a better man and they were so right for each other. More equals and soulmates.Harm is so in love and happy with Mac too. -- counteragent, 16:13:11 08/14/06 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> We've seen a date announced for early November -- 6th or 8th or thereabouts. I'm looking forward to it! -- Deemus, 20:44:41 08/14/06 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> The date right now is Nov. 2. -- Kathy, 14:46:59 08/15/06 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Can't wait for S2...S1 did nothing for me, Harm alone wasn't enough to make me watch, it wasn't until Mac came aboard that JAG was really JAG....Bring it on LOL! -- Jennifer, 14:54:29 08/15/06 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Well, it was just the mirror opposite for me. Season 1 sucked imho and was campy and cheesy. The Harm character was a joke. I tolerated 2-10 because I watched for Mac and Mac alone. Mac made the show, remember it was cancelled season 1. Mac made the show a success and was actually equally if not more popular than Harm. I'd have been happy if Mac would have tossed Harm to the sharks, but they wrote the show that she wanted him, so I have to live with that. As long as Mac was happy, I was happy. Not a shipper at all here either but I'm not sorry about it..lol. Semper fi Mac! -- Kathy, 14:53:11 08/15/06 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> I also prefer Mac to Kate or Meg. IMO AP (Kate) is a lousy actress, Meg was too young, Mac is just what the show needed. -- Jagcharmed2, 19:29:40 08/15/06 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> The biggest contrast I noticed was: Harm and Kate were friends, but there was sexual tension practically rammed down our throats, kind of a "Be a shipper or else!" They cooled the tension with Meg and that came across as just a really good friendship. With Mac, they developed a friendship, but it kind of took forever. (continued inside) -- Meg, 15:53:55 08/23/06 Wed

Mac starts out friendly at their introduction, but then once she knows her uncle is involved was totally reserved and borderline attitude. The next episode had her taken hostage with Bud and Chegwidden, so no opportunity to work together. Then I think we got one good one and were starting to get a picture of what they'd be like around each other when they had to face off in court and friendship just went out the window again. Plus Mac always seemed to kind of having a parental judgment thing in regards to Harm, ie when she called him on his obsessions that drove me a little crazy sometimes.

Overall I think while Harm and Mac had more romantic chemistry, I like the friendship between Harm and Meg was better. And if I were working in a similar environment of being paired with someone for cases, I'd want to have the kind of easy, close friendship Harm and Meg had.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I agree with you Jagcharmed2. Kate was just plain nasty and Harm was Vukovic in Season 1 along with the cheesy show itself. Meg was just downright boring and her voice was just awful. DPB didn't like her and apparantely nobody else liked her, or the show either because it was canned. They got smart and got more into the law and brought the best part of the show to the screen being Mac (CB), Thank heavens! -- Kathy, 16:57:51 08/23/06 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Also, Meg couldn't be too young, Tracey is 39 a year older than CB. So she wasn't too young at all. -- Kathy, 17:03:30 08/23/06 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> JAG on DVD -- Louise (Happy), 23:24:52 08/19/06 Sat

I agree that some of the episodes were not as god as 2-10,
but I did look at them,b/c I started with #1. DB talk at
the end was very good and I did think He would have had Meg
speak also. The one I liked best and had never seen was
"Skeleton Crew". I'm am so glad DB brought CB into the show. It saved it. IMHO.

[ Edit | View ]

[> I have never seen Season 1 and plan to keep it that way for awhile-- I really do believe that the addition of Catherine is what helped to save the show as well as the rest of the ensemble cast :-) -- Kris, 23:55:09 08/25/06 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.