VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:06:33 04/29/05 Fri
Author: BamaX
Subject: Will you guys allow an 'outsider' to post?
In reply to: Luoodles once more for old times sake........ 's message, "It's TIME for a ROUND ROBIN, Folks!" on 21:26:03 04/29/05 Fri

Hi Jagfans,

I'm one of those older/new fans who had never watched JAG until the re-runs started. I was getting my masters in college when JAG started and only watched TV on Sunday nights and that was strictly reserved for the X-files-the one show I followed to the ends of the earth.

Having said that, I know what it is like to follow a show and a relationship such as the one on JAG for so long. The show becomes a part of you. The characters are part of your 'family'. You have feelings for them because they so beautifully created feelings inside you. You cried with them, laughed with them and hurt for them. But most of all, you rooted for them to be happy-truly happy in the end.

I watched tonight's finale as an 'outsider' - a 'newby' in most respects to the 'JAG' family of long-time followers. But what I carried away from the show was beautiful. The idea of 'fate' giving us those we love in our lives is one that we all can understand. The idea that unless you share life with the person you truly love the most that nothing else matters. I loved how it really didn't seem to matter to either Mac or Harm in the end which of them had to give something up to have the other. It was the ultimate shared sacrifice. Really wonderfully done.

I also loved all of those 'so close, yet so far' moments being shown and building to the final moment where 'so close but yet so far' is finally a reality that the lovers had to face up to. They 'beat' the gorilla because it wasn't too big to overcome with sacrifice. Nice. Who gives a crap who gave up what. We may never know.

But, may I say that I think differently?

CBS is the king of 'bring em back' for an encore of the networks. They have the periodic tv JAG movie they'll pull out of the hat I think. The writers set it up for such wonderfully. Now you folks may know something I don't but it seems to me that regardless of where mac and harm 'land' and who is doing what, that we'll see them together again at some point. I hope so.

I'd like to see the 10 year in the making wedding and perhaps in JAG fashion, the two will 'stumble' upon a final adventure to get into before wedding bliss comes upon them and those little babies start. ; )

Anyway, it was a really nice episode. Tugged at the heart and gave you a satisfied feeling. Count yourself lucky in the end, regardless of the strife you've felt in the past in the community. Rare is the show that ends perfectly. Most don't even get an 'end' and so many leave things up in the air.

Congrat to JAG and it's stars for the years of work and great shows. Congrat to all of you for being loyal for so long and loving a wonderful show!

-An outsider...
Bama ; )

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> JOIN IN!! The More the Merrier!! theres no rules... except that the crazier and funnier it gets, the better! -- Aria, 22:08:51 04/29/05 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> WELCOME, BAMAX -- Luoodles, 22:31:54 04/29/05 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.