VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:30:00 04/29/05 Fri
Author: Meg
Subject: Arrgh! I missed it!

My mom had company and I didn't get to see it, and I don't get to go home and check my tape until Monday. How did it end?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Perfectly, but i can't take my eyes away long enough to really post -- Lucky much more tomorrow, 22:48:42 04/29/05 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Inside -- MM, 22:49:44 04/29/05 Fri

Oh, it was WONDERFUL. I will cut to the important stuff. Throughout the episode, the two of them had flashbacks of memories:On the ferry in Australia, the poacher incident, Harm leaving to go flying, the bathroom in Paraguay scene and the following bed scene, the beach scene on this season's opener, Russia, the baby scene in "Yeah Baby", and Harm's offer to still have a baby at the end of last season. The last ten minutes had Mac coming to Harm's apartment as he is packing. He told her that he never thinks he will feel about anyone the way he feels about her. A few more words are said, then he asks her what made her attracted to all the men in her life. She tells him that they wanted her and that they told her so. He tells her he wanted her and that she knew it. She said that no woman wants to be a mind-reader and that work, women and him searching for his father always got in the way of them being together. He tells her that that is all in the past now, and now they only have 12 hours before they have to leave. Mac says that they've had 9 years. He replies that he guessed he needed a deadline, she says, "well, you've got one sailor". Then help my heart they are kissing...and passionately. She asks him what he is proposing, and that it's not a Freudian slip. He winds up proposing to her (where the "let's get married" line comes into play), he says "I love you, Mac", but then they realize that neither one wants to give up their career. Mac makes the comment that fate brought them together, and Harm replies that it can keep them together and that they could wait until he retires. She says "what's another decade..." they kiss again and the scene moves to McMurphy's.

At McMurphy's, Mac walks in and joins Harm where he is sitting at the bar. They share a quick kiss and intimate looks shortly before Bud and Harriet arrive. They both congratulate Harm and Mac on their engagement (I guess he told them they were engaged). The two cuddle briefly and then the General, Sturgis and Coates walk in, confused and totally unaware of the engagament. Harm announces this, the two cuddle even more (oh so SWEET!!!!), and they explain that the two can't decide who's going to give up his/her career. They ask Bud to flip a coin (the same coin that AJ gave Bud before he retired), he flips the coin into the air, everyone watches, and then...

The coin reveals the JAG insignia, and says "JAG 1995-2005", with Harm and Mac looking up at it. And that's THE END....so now you know what the playful twist DPB was talking about. DEFINTELY WORTH WATCHING!!!!!

MM

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Oh crap - I'm crying just reading this. Thanks for the summary! And I will watch it - but I'm not sure I'll be able to do it for another ten years! -- Meg, 00:48:07 04/30/05 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> Let me rephrase that. Truth is - I can't bring myself to watch it because that means it's really over. Could someone please just sum up the ending for me? -- Meg (who's feeling this whole series finale business really sucks right now!), 22:53:37 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I really encourage you to watch it. From someone who refused to watch the season finales for season 8 and 9, I watched this one and did not hesitate about it either. It is worth it. If you have ever desired to see Harm and Mac admit their feelings for each other, and get engaged, then this is the episode to watch. It's all there. And they are so open about it too. Nothing like this has ever happened before on the show, I guess that is why it is in the series finale. Please, it is very good. The entire episode is wonderful (except Yuckosuck), but you can fast foward through his scenes. -- MM, 23:01:19 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.