VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:02:22 04/29/05 Fri
Author: Meg
Subject: Feedback for JAG

So I just learned the real reason JAG was cancelled was not because of ratings, not because of the lack of field cases or AJ's departure, not because of the increased shipper focus. They cancelled it because they believed the series was only catering to the older generation.

So I sent this to CBS' feedback form.

I'd have sent this sooner if I'd realized. I heard the reason you cancelled JAG was because you believed it only catered to the older generation.

Just so you know - I'm 23. I've watched the series since I was 14. I have participated in a discussion group where the majority were all under forty. These are the die-hard fans - the ones who will be buying the DVDs from you and who honestly care about the show, unlike the casual viewer who just tunes in when it's convenient.

I'm not sure where exactly you took your sampling from, but in the future you might want to use internet groups as your main survey group. Because a lot of us will be heading back to college or school on Monday, knowing our favorite show is at an end.

I don't expect them to bring it back - but at least this might keep another show from going the same way.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> the problem is that they can't rely entirely on internet groups - because we're not statistically a sample population - anyway, theres a lot of details I don't understand in all that - but - I blame them moving it to Friday nights - thats what really did it in for me - I might have kept watching out of habit otherwise, but moving it to friday nights, it had better be really really good for me to watch, and when it wasn't, I stopped watching... -- Aria, 23:06:21 04/29/05 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> And most logically, if they want the younger audience, why on EARTH move it to a night that they're not home to watch it? When I was a teenager and in my early-mid twenties, I was NEVER home, but especially not on Friday or Saturday nights. -- Katherine, 23:09:31 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> and even those of us younguns who are home... theres actually good stuff to watch on HGTV and TLC most friday nights!! LOL! (and I'm only half joking!) -- Aria, 23:12:30 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> LOL--TLC is my Saturday night station--have you seen Doug's new show, Moving Up? Cool. -- Katherine (I know--stay on subject...couldn't resist), 23:14:18 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> oh yes! we can't miss Saturday night's line up (I still tend to flip back and forth between the two depending on whats on on Saturday nights too) -- Aria, 23:16:52 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I hate to even admit that I had no problem watching on Friday...it was the later time slot that kept me from seeing the second half most of the time!! It's sad, I know.... -- AmandaW (old feeling young'un), 23:15:00 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> I know--I fell asleep a couple of times--not due to subject matter, but I fizzle out early these days. LOL! -- Katherine--thinking that it may be time to head for my pillow soon, 23:17:30 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Me too...I'm actually feeling rather numb at the moment..and tomorrow morning I'm sure that will change to just plain *dumb* as I will no doubt be rather fuzzy! But, I just seem to be having a tough time leaving tonight! -- AmandaW, 23:19:02 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Numb huh? You didn't happen to have Fugu for dinner did ya? -- Canrane - just asking :), 23:21:31 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> I stopped at Wendy's on the way home from work and had fruit and yogurt, so there! -- AmandaW (like I eat anymore anyway...), 23:23:21 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Oh good...you didn't find a finger in your yogurt did you?? -- Canrane - more than a little worried about Amanda...please try to take better care of yourself!, 23:26:18 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> GLA -- Katherine, 23:27:36 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Ewwwwww! Don't gross me out with yogurt....or I really will starve! It's practically all I eat! -- AmandaW (worried about me, huh? Get in line behind my family, friends, and co-workers....silly people!), 23:32:55 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> *sigh* What has this world come to? You have to take a NUMBER to care about someone else...LOL -- Canrane, 23:35:30 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> ROTFL. Your kind thoughts are much appreciated, Miss Canrane. -- AmandaW, 23:45:32 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Oh good! Does that mean I can cut in line?? What's my number?? I'll take fractions. 10.5? That puts me behind immediate family, right??? :) -- Canrane - starting to babble...I *really* should go to sleep, huh?, 23:52:17 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Sure--cut all you want! How's...ummm....3.2 sound? -- AmandaW, 23:54:00 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Well, as long as that isn't my GPA, I'm happy :) -- Canrane, 11:52:30 04/30/05 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> LOL! Surely you're GPA days are coming to an end *soon*??? I swear, it seems like you've been in school FOREVER! ;) -- AmandaW, 12:04:19 04/30/05 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Ummm...that's *your*. Sigh. Sleep deprived AW... -- AmandaW, 12:06:37 04/30/05 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> I'm in a 5 year program! Sheesh! I'm 2 courses away from being done. Two! -- Canrane - I started posting during my first year of university in 2000...so I'm right on track. So there!, 12:07:44 04/30/05 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> ROTFLOL!! is it a combined bachelors/master's program - or is it (poor thing) one of those crazy ones where it takes 5 years just for the bachelors? I hope for your sake the latter... (I started posting here during my first year of college in 2000 too - well I think it was december of that year - not positive - might have been Jan 2001, lol - but anyway - I'm finally graduating (grad school) in December =) so I know the feeling... -- Aria, 12:17:47 04/30/05 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> me too...it really is like the good old days. -- Katherine, 23:21:41 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> ITA. I used to watch even when JAG lost its lustre just to keep up with the board, but the time change was what turned me off. -- Canrane, 23:10:23 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I should say when JAG lost it's lustre FOR ME. -- Canrane, 23:10:52 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Not to mention how inconvenient it was to post on Saturdays. LOL! I've stuck w/the show, but stopped posting part-way through season 9 because by the time I had time to post, it was too far past the episode. -- Katherine, 23:13:05 04/29/05 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> Started watching at 16 and followed it through the Friday move. I also stayed home on Fridays to watch X-Files, so I don't know why they don't think young people don't watch... -- JenScully, 23:50:07 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Sure there are young people watching Jag but they're still not a large crowd.Its really even rare talking to young people about Jag off-line and most people I met are really older people. Another fact is that even casual viewers are not so glued to the show but Harm and Mac hook up is always the obvious question.LOL! -- Shine, 00:09:22 05/02/05 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> My hubby and I (20's) were avid watchers, but after the 2003 episodes my little shipper heart ot tired of ebing jerked around! With that and the change to Friday, I rarely watched in the last 2 years - Can't stand Yuck either!! Have enjoyed the last few and the series finale!! -- Sarah, 11:02:04 05/02/05 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.