VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:50:08 04/30/05 Sat
Author: JF1
Subject: Old times - my promised mushy sentimental post

This is to all the old posters at Maeve's - all of you guys who were here when I was twelve, who freaked out because I was twelve and thus became my cyber mommies.

The finale of JAG ends a chapter in my life that I will never forget. If you think about it, I've been JAG obsessed for my entire adolescence thus far. When I started watching JAG in sixth grade, I was the little made fun of shy girl who no one liked. I liked JAG because Mac stood up for herself, and I wanted to be like her. I started to come out of my corner, and believe it or not, JAG has actually helped me become the person that I am today.

In addition, this board also did alot for me. Before I found the board, I kept "JAG diaries" in which I wrote about episodes and my thoughts on them. I found this place and it was like a dream come true - all these other crazy people who understood. Adolescence, as we know, is a difficult time in anyone's life and being here with you guys to help me out really made it a better experience for me. We laughed, we had fun, we stayed up late and drank lemonade that Harm stirred with his finger. When I arrived, we were in mid-spatula-kick and just barely post-children-in-the-oven. I'd have to say the high point of Maeve's. This board was such a wonderful community and all of you guys were so great. When my parents got divorced a month after I found the board, I went into Elfy's chat to talk to you guys about it. LiJo was my chat mommy ;) and she was so nice and understanding. You guys cheered me up like crazy that night and I went to bed happy. When I took a vacation to Oregon in July, I missed you all so much. It was hard to go without the board for a week (all too sane!)

When I first came here, I thought you guys were the greatest thing since sliced bread (I still think you're awesome.) Lu, Aria, Canrane, C, Michelle, Katherine, Serena, PB, Amanda, LiJo -- All of you guys were like my heroes or something. I had so much fun coming on here even when RL kind of sucked, it provided the perfect escape and you guys understood the insanity that was my JAG obsession.

I encourage every one of you, even the newbies, to go back and read the GLA archive and the JAGtales. Wonderful, wonderful times. We had more fun... Last night was an excellent way to end the series and this chapter in our lives. It was wonderful to see all the 'oldbies' again and I have missed you all so much. Please, email me and keep in touch. Maybe we could start an ex-posters-of-Maeve's yahoo group or something - not specifically to talk about JAG or anything just to keep in touch and hit each other with spatulas. ;) Thank you guys so much for everything you have done for me. I will continue to be around here as well as other places on the net, will remain a faithful NCIS viewer, and a faithful JAG Fanfest East attendee for as long as they are held. Thank you so much guys. I love ya all, even the alien. ;)
Katie, aka JAGfan1

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Whattheheckdoyamean..."even the alien"....Sheesh! Katie--I can NOT believe that you are sixteen already. Where does the time go? LOL! -- Katherine, 15:57:24 04/30/05 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I was barely 17 when I first started posting here....where *does* the time go? LOL--I feel old! -- AmandaW, 16:14:39 04/30/05 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Psst--Amanda...you ARE old. Soon, you'll be out of the coveted demographic and in the nursing home. -- Katherine ~LU~ where did you put my walker?, 16:18:12 04/30/05 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> *cries* In a few months, I'll be as close to 30 as I am to 20. How depressing. -- AmandaW, 16:22:15 04/30/05 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Now, now...stop crying...at least you still have all your teeth. Right? -- Katherine, 16:47:51 04/30/05 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> LOL. Yes. Minus those 4 pesky wisdom teeth, of course. -- AmandaW, 16:56:03 04/30/05 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.