VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:02:03 04/30/05 Sat
Author: WebbWacker (the emotional)
Subject: Finale thoughts, bats, and golden spatulas...

Wow! I can't believe it has been so long since I first watched the pilot episode of JAG and thought that the premise of JAG cases was facinating but felt that Harm was a sexist pig, TPTB were being condecending with both the storyline and the character of Kate Pike and that I wouldn't watch it again. Talk about broken promises! Ever since the show switched to CBS and our girl Mac became one of my fictional heroes I have been hooked like a fish. I really will miss the show.

Some things I will miss:
Harm's smile, his confidence (which occasionally boardered on arrogance!)his horrible luck with military air craft, his courtroom hotdogging, his connection with his father, and naturally his bantering with Mac- esp. him calling her ninja girl!

Mac's professionalism, her struggle to overcome the difficulties of her past, her skill as a lawyer (even if she did loose a lot!), her relationship with Chloe, her spooky timesense, her kick-butt attitude, martial arts ability, her ability to speak Farsi, and naturally her bantering with Harm. Her character played a tiny part in my decision to go to law school and be a lawyer.

Webb's suave, James Bond persona, his phoneix- like ability to come back from the dead- :-), his using the richter scale to measure Mac, his ability to tango, his emotional angst, his sarcasm, his longing for Mac during and after the events in Paraguay, his linquistic abilities, his relationship with his mother, and his love/hate relationship with his job.

Bud's smile, his computer/research skills, his cheerful disposition, the way he fooled Webb in "We the People", his friendship with Harm, Mac and the Admiral, his bravery in the face of losing a limb, and his relationship with Harriet.

The Admiral's (missed him all this past season!) ability to be authoratative without being overbearing, his protection of his people, his ability to give his people a good kick in the pants when they needed it, his relationship with Francessca, his steely, Seal demeanor, and his relationship with Harm, Mac and Bud.

Harriet's sweet demeanor, her den mother tendencies, her friendship with Mac and Harm, and her relationship with Bud.

In general I will also miss the courtroom drama (it was often very good), the intrigue (esp. in the episodes Webb was in!, the secondary character like Turner and Gunny that I liked, the millitary atmosphere, and episodes where the characters traveled to places like Russia, Italy, Russia and Australia.

About the finale:

Okay I willing to offer an olive branch to TPTB. It was an emotionally satisfying conclusion. I liked the flashbacks they chose. Harm and Mac finally had a mature conversation about their feelings in which they were both ready to participate. I do wish the issue of Mac's infertillity had come up because that seemed like an infinished issue between them from earlier in the season. Otherwise romantic as my little shipper heart could wish for. Mac calling him sailor again after so long was a particularly nice touch. I just wish he had called her Ninja girl once more! I actually liked the coin toss too. It is a dramatic touch but I guess doing something like that was the only fair way for them to decide when they both love their careers. At least the loser can still practice law as a civilian. Although Mac might find that challenging in England but perhaps in the international arena. She does have experience with international issues and she speaks Farsi! It was a fitting end. The last two episodes could have used a good case but the Harm and Mac storyline did come to a good conclusion.

I also have to say how reading the posts below has brought me back. It made me smile to remember seeming the emoticons for the first time, going live on the chat on Friday nights, drooling over Webb with all the other Webb fanatics (you could say we were the original Claymates well before Clay Aiken!)checking this board while working the desk at the library at law school, shreiking with laughter over some of the posts about Renee and Mic and the GLA, going to Michy's Enterprise board, reading posts by great regulars like Aria, JF1, Michelle, Luoodles, Katherine, SD and all the other regulars, and telling everyone my bat story and laughing myself sick over the replies. It has been a great time. I intend to keep lurking and posting. I hope to see everyone else still posting here as well. Thanks for the memories.

Thanks for reading this super long post. I just needed to get that out there. JAG has been one of all time favorite shows and I will miss it. I wanted to post last night but I went to a Green Day concert (they were unbelievable!) and I couldn't watch the tape till tonight.

Just one last thing. I loved the use of Five for Fightings song 15 for a Moment at the end of the episode and I loved the title. Fair Winds and a Following Seas was a perfect title. In honor of the JAG men- Harm, Clay (especially him!), Bud, Gunny and the Admiral- that I have loved I would like to dedicate Holding Out for a Hero:

Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?

Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and and turn and dream
of what I need

(Chorus)
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'till the
end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'till the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life
Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There's someone reaching back for me

Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat
It's gonna take a superman to sweep me
off my feet

(Chorus)

Up where the mountains meet the
heavens above
Out where the lighting splits the sea
I would swear there's someone somewhere
Watching me
Through the wind and the chill and the rain
And the storm and the flood
I can feel his approach
Like a fire in my blood

(Chorus)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Bravo and I love and agree with your post especially that its the CBS Jag that really lured me.LOL! It was too much Vukman,too little Harm and Mac,I miss AJ-Gunny and Tiner even Webb, many things we like to see even the Harm and Mac wedding and some hot stuff in the bedroom but overall it was well-told and a banquet for the buff in us because it could have been so much worst. With my fears of a dead Harm and the end of Harm and Mac this was a real gift from TPTB to the fans. How Jag ended was very unBellsario like.LOL! -- Ethel - off to watch my tape again., 23:10:34 04/30/05 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> First, I have to say this: FROU FROU IS AWESOME! With that, it's been great to read the posts of all the regulars coming back and reuniting. I've lurked here since S7 or so, used to be CBminime when I did post or make collages for the Rose Garden. As for the finale, I don't think they could have done better considering they found out they were going to be canceled AFTER filming wrapped. It was satisfying, which in my book is the most important part of any series finale. We finally have our closure, albeit not to the degree of Friends or Frasier, but whatever. THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED! YAY! -- AmyJo, time to watch those last 7 minutes and 36 seconds just one more time... or two, or three...:-), 00:04:49 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Ninja Girl?!?!? :D *I'm* Ninja Girl for that very reason!!! -- Ninja Girl (duh), 22:41:03 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.