VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:47:26 05/01/05 Sun
Author: Mira
Subject: A One Night Stand In the Hay... Okay...But do you really think?

I know give it up etc..etc...ETC...

I can see Harm and Mac getting it on, would like to have seen that even..

HOWEVER THE COIN TOSS THIS IS YOUR LIFE DECISION WAS A BUNCH OF B.S.......

Sorry gang, but did you see HOW possive and "this is none of your business" like Mac was when Harm just took a peek at the list of people she was thinking of taking with her to the West Coast?

Did that remind you of ANYTHING??? Remember poor old Mic and his resignation for her and her reation when he wanted to know what was going on at JAG?

Do you NOT THINK that Harm in private practice wouldn't be like some old FIREHORSE and want to know what was going on at command? I SMELL TOUBLE.. No happy marriage there...

Say Harm won and Mac resigned and followed him to England.. HARM BIG BANANNA.. Could she even practice in England? Would she be reduced to giving teas for the other officer's wives? Representing defense for some of the military cases that her husband might want a conviction on for various reasons, and he'd be under lots of political pressure now as well.. Him moving up in a career that used to be hers. Remember Mac tried civilian law, she soon found out that her chances of being on an equal footing was with the Marines not some big time law firm. How could she be happy? I SMELL TROUBLE... No happy marriage there...

I think the two of them realized the truth during the lip lock scene, but it then switched to the HUGE COP OUT of the coin toss.. Realisticly I think the coin toss was followed by a huge fight after which neither resigned and maybe be so bad, they'd never be friends again.. Because all the stuff that had kept them apart all these years would come crashing in all over again.

Command is a huge step in the careers of both, and so is marriage.. Too important to be decided on a coin toss. "Oh I am going to chuck 15 to 20 years of hard work and risking my life on chance because your so terrific..." I don't think so and that could be said by either Harm or Mac..

So yeah, a passionate night of love, but with the light of day the reality that it won't work simply for the many reasons it had never worked up until now.. And them kissing and expressing whst might have beens, going on to what fate has in store for them.

In my humble opinion that would have been more true to the nature of both these fictional characters that have been drawn over the last ten years.

IT'S BEEN FUN GUYS AND I LOVE YOU ALL...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> One more thing..... -- Mira, 11:50:50 05/01/05 Sun

GOOD BYE AND THANKS FOR THE FISH!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> I don't agree with a lot of what you've said (despite being a non-shipper) but I still can't figure out the coin toss - I mean - they both should be WILLING And BEGGING To be the one to resign if they really love each other - and personally I think the fair thing to do would be for them to both resign - but planning the rest of your life based on a coin toss? Personally if they couldn't work it out some other way, it just makes me suspicious about whether they really want to be together or not... -- Aria (who hope she hasn't offended all her shipper friends with this post =), 11:53:33 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Just wanted to add that despite being a non-shipper I AM STILL quite happy with the ending - well except for there being no GUNNY, lol! - I just still don't get the coin toss, lol, but hey - TPTB have never made complete sense, so I guess I'll just chalk it up to that =) -- Aria, 14:26:07 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> GOSH THE ENDING WAS HAPPY SO CAN WE LEAVE IT AT THAT! sorry we could accomidate you feelings! -- Erin (one very happy shipper), 13:25:44 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Posts were deleted for personal attacks, instead of addressing the topic at hand. It's the end folks--keep it civil. -- A Mod, 14:23:51 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Mac will have lots to do in London. There are clubs for expats' spouses and other volunteer positions she can do to during the day. Maybe she'll write. -- Girl from Canada, 15:27:43 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I can see Harm being a stay-at-home Dad more easily than I can see Mac (as former military) fitting into any "officers wives" clubs (but then I've heard some aweful things about that from some ladies who were in the military themselves (both spouses military) and how they didn't fit in with the ladies) - anyway - I think seeing Harm as a stay-at-home Dad would at least be a lot funnier, lol - too bad we won't ever get to see it.... -- Aria (not that I'm saying Harm wouldn't find a job - its just I actually can see him being the one to stay home with the kids for some reason...I think he'd try to be superdad??), 15:45:45 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> ok - I think I'm still not being very clear today - blame the end of the semester - I wasn't meaning your points weren't good ones Girl from Canada - just looking at the other side of things =) I just re-read my post and realized in my attempt to get it short enough to post that it might have sounded like I was contradicting or disagreeing or something, lol... -- Aria, 15:49:10 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Love conquers all Mira. I have always been an optimist and believe they will live somewhere happily ever after. I also believe they will carry out the baby deal. Harm will be a bigshot in London and Mac will be a high ranking judge. They will have a nannie and Mac will buy comfortable shoes at Herrods. I am so happy, DB finally made my day. -- DAR, 16:03:49 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I like to think of it this way -- Ariana, 16:36:47 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I like to think of it this way -- Ariana, 16:40:41 05/01/05 Sun

My take on what happened in the apartment is that following the realization that they loved each other (and always have), and following the few moments of early passion, they retired to the bedroom to consumate their unresolved feelings for each other. During the pillow talk that followed, they realized that they couldn't do this to each other any longer and the only way for them to be truly happy was for them to be together. Both were happy to resign their commissions to be with the other. A coin toss was the only answer. No matter how the coin toss turned out, both Harm and Mac will live happily ever after!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> See that works! now if TPTB would have hired some of us to write JAG episodes, things wouldn't be nearly so confusing would they? (wait a second - I take that back - look at any of the RRs for proof that we're as confusing as TPTB anyday, lol! -- Aria, 17:59:48 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Mira, I see what you are saying about Mac snatching the list, but I took it as she was bummed about Harm still wanting to talk business on anylevel. She was hoping he would talk personal, so this is why I did not even think of thei competitiveness of old. -- Lucky, 18:08:14 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Could be, but still I remember poor old Mic and the stay at home civilian guy.. Not a pretty sight, and I do not believe that Harm would be much different. Nor do I think Mac would be any more gracious to Harm than she was to Mic.. Also remember Mac blowing up [trophy girlfriend or something] when Mic wanted to impress his boss with her beauty. Mac at teas? Come on...[inside] -- Mira, 19:18:01 05/01/05 Sun

I know I am raining on all your little parades, but in this case I think the happiness was all an illusion...

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> The illusion is that there is a future. Romances don't carry on into the future. They end with the happy couple. And that is the point. These two did not want either one to feel either resentment or guilt. They've waited long enough and know loneliness is all that it's cracked up to be. Rather than having one person appearing to sacrifice, they let fate decide. Because the important thing was they were TOGETHER forever. Unlike Mic, who foistered himself on Mac, Harm knew that they could start off their lives as equals, with no regrets. -- Cece, who only ever needed to know that the Prince and Cinderella lived Happily ever after. The romance is the thing, when it is not real life., 19:43:35 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> The important thing to remember here, Mira, is that this is a story. Fiction. Not real. It's also finished, which means there is no more story line where anyone is unhappy, bored, dissatisfied. Since the characters are not real, we don't have to worry if they would "really" be happy. In other words, there's no parade to rain on. -- Deemus, 19:47:45 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> No one can rain on my parade now, Mira. I'm singing in the rain. -- DAR, 09:05:19 05/02/05 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.