VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:08:14 05/01/05 Sun
Author: Lucky
Subject: Mira, I see what you are saying about Mac snatching the list, but I took it as she was bummed about Harm still wanting to talk business on anylevel. She was hoping he would talk personal, so this is why I did not even think of thei competitiveness of old.
In reply to: Mira 's message, "A One Night Stand In the Hay... Okay...But do you really think?" on 11:47:26 05/01/05 Sun

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Could be, but still I remember poor old Mic and the stay at home civilian guy.. Not a pretty sight, and I do not believe that Harm would be much different. Nor do I think Mac would be any more gracious to Harm than she was to Mic.. Also remember Mac blowing up [trophy girlfriend or something] when Mic wanted to impress his boss with her beauty. Mac at teas? Come on...[inside] -- Mira, 19:18:01 05/01/05 Sun

I know I am raining on all your little parades, but in this case I think the happiness was all an illusion...

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> The illusion is that there is a future. Romances don't carry on into the future. They end with the happy couple. And that is the point. These two did not want either one to feel either resentment or guilt. They've waited long enough and know loneliness is all that it's cracked up to be. Rather than having one person appearing to sacrifice, they let fate decide. Because the important thing was they were TOGETHER forever. Unlike Mic, who foistered himself on Mac, Harm knew that they could start off their lives as equals, with no regrets. -- Cece, who only ever needed to know that the Prince and Cinderella lived Happily ever after. The romance is the thing, when it is not real life., 19:43:35 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> The important thing to remember here, Mira, is that this is a story. Fiction. Not real. It's also finished, which means there is no more story line where anyone is unhappy, bored, dissatisfied. Since the characters are not real, we don't have to worry if they would "really" be happy. In other words, there's no parade to rain on. -- Deemus, 19:47:45 05/01/05 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.