VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:49:05 05/01/05 Sun
Author: Lucky , Mira glad you posted.
Subject: Mira their moving on was just another excuse/opportunity not to make a decision about their own individual personal lives. I do not see the coin toss as romantic, but as necessary for each to move on . They could not move on personally apart from each other, and they could not move on together if they kept using the same techniques for making their personal decisions. Mira are going to make me actually have to think about Brumby, LOL!
In reply to: Mira 's message, "I might add that all was going well between Mac and Mic till he resigned his commission and became the civilian.. Not saying that Mac was wrong in excluding him in JAG business, but I am saying it didn't sit well. Coin toss? Romantic, but..." on 19:22:38 05/01/05 Sun

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> Then it should have been all or nothing in my opinion Lucky. Either heads we stay in the military and go our seperate ways, or tails we resign, marry and go into practice together.. Then I think they had a chance for happiness.. [inside] -- Mira, 08:59:59 05/02/05 Mon

How do you word it? You LOST so we marry and you give up your career... Or one of them is being noble, not really happy with the idea of resigning, but living with it for the sake of the marriage and the other...

No matter how you slice it, it just doesn't work if you give it much thought.

While I agree with what you said about them not being able to decide for themselves so needed a coin toss... IS EXACTLY WHAT WAS WRONG WITH IT.. Neither loved the other enough to give up their career for the other when push came to shove.. However they didn't want the other to resign and lose their chance at command either... Why? Because each wanted the other to be happy and didn't want to be the cause of this unhappiness..

So let's be married, let's toss a coin, one will have to make a new life while adjusting to marriage while the other rises to higher heights in his/her military career...

I just do not think so...

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.