VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:03:04 05/01/05 Sun
Author: Trudie
Subject: Things went bad with Mic because Mac didn't love him enough to marry him....She was in love with another man......The Mic/Mac relationship would have never worked out regardless of what happened....She always loved Harm....
In reply to: Mazza 's message, "I think the main reason why things started to go downhill for Mac & Mic after he resigned his commission is that he did it without consulting Mac, and used it to make her feel obligated. Also, I think that Harm & Mac realised that there were only really 3 ways of trying to decide who should resign..(Inside)" on 20:47:15 05/01/05 Sun

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> I do not think love has anything to do with it, it is the nature of these two people.. Coin toss okay, heads we BOTH resign and marry, tails we part as lovers and resume our careers.. I am sorry but I cannot get what they had planned for next year out of my head. If they had allowed the spin off, Mac would go on to her command ALONE.. [inside] -- Mira, 08:43:42 05/02/05 Mon

Bud was staying in Washington where he could easily guest star from time to time.. Coats would be going with Mac. Didn't you think that was a bit strange since Harm did so much for her? She even told Cresswell how Harm got her back on track.. The whole "give me a chance like you got.." speech from Vic.. He'd be there next year too..

But the show was canceled, so they decided the last minute to do the happy ending thing... However was it? Again in the romantic haze of the moment Mac or Harm giving up everything for the other on the fate of the coin toss seems like "Oh and they lived happily ever after..."

But there is more to a marriage than love, both have to feel happy in what they are doing.. Sorry but I just do not buy that these two self centered people could go on for very long after the first blush wears off without,depression, guilt, envy and finally resentment settling in. It's seen in Hollywood all the time and among other power couples... They are so driven to do their own things that "us" gets lost..

I cannot picture Mac being anything other than what she is, nor Harm.. That is why, even though they love one another it won't work..

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Oh geez Mira, give it up. The show is over, DPB went for a happy ending with Mac and Harm together, in love and getting married and 1 of them giving up their career to make the marriage work. They both were content with the decision and were happy about it. You are over analyzing it and coming up with scenerios that just aren't there and your theories about if there was another season just don't fly because the show wasn't renewed. And because it wasn't renewed, they changed the ending to a happy one. Move on already. -- Kathy, 12:47:30 05/02/05 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> And this is coming from me, someone who doesn't like Harm. As long as Mac is happy, I'm happy. -- Kathy, 12:48:55 05/02/05 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> High five Kathy. -- Muzby, 14:25:16 05/02/05 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.