VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:59:13 05/02/05 Mon
Author: Sarah
Subject: I'm not sure the coin toss was a great plan, but I don't think they are doomed because 1 has to give up their career. And it is more than just love conquering all (inside)
In reply to: Lucky 's message, "Decision Making and the Coin Toss" on 18:32:07 05/01/05 Sun

Marriage is about compromise and sometimes one person has to be willing to give up something to see the other succeed.

That being said I think Harm should be the one who resigns or at least looks for another job. There are lots of bases in CA you would think he could find something to do or he could become a private attorney (Mac could too) or flight instructor. He also has Mattie to take care of so it seems like he could use something a little more lower key. I've always thought Harm was better with kids than Mac and I think he would do great if they adopted a kid (really see them adopting an older kid more than a baby given their backgrounds) or even working as a lawyer in domesitc abuses or child abuse cases. I think a lot of that hits too close to home for Mac and it is too painful for her. (Don't bash me I think she has handled some hard cases very well and she was great with Chloe)I just think Harm would have an easier time making a new life than Mac. Either way, I think they can make this marriage work and I think the most sensible place to do that is in the US, hence SD. I do think that they realize they would miss each other more than their careers if they were to part ways.

In many ways Mac has always had less self-respect (evidenced by her bahavior with men - I know a lot of women might disagree but throwing herself at men who wanted her, doesn't show a lot of intrinsic self-worth. Harm had already had one career and has developed other things (Mattie, flying) outside of the military. He even did well when he was with the CIA. Mac seems to get even more of her identity and worth from her work. She is getting better - slapping down Yuck - but still I think Harm would fare better in another career than she would.

I was so glad that it ended as well as it did (I almost turned it off after Mac said yes cause I was sure they were going to screw it up!) Haven't posted here since like 2003 - haven't watched JAG much since then either, so sorry if my analysis seems off cause of newer episodes- but it was good to come back for the series finale!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.