VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:11:38 09/25/06 Mon
Author: achaon
Subject: Reminder - DJE on Close to Home
In reply to: Meg 's message, "Reminder - DJE on Close To Home" on 23:35:36 09/22/06 Fri

I watched the show last year and last friday. I don't think I'll watch it again. It kind of rubs me the wrong way that DJE gets back on CBS when he caused the demise of JAG, while the rest of the cast are out in the cold.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Okay, you lost me. I thought DPB said there was no plan to bring DJE back for season 11. So if that was really why CBS cancelled the show, wouldn't it be DPB's fault instead? (N/T) -- Meg, 20:08:18 09/25/06 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> DJE's not signed to an S11 didn't cause JAG to end..if it had, we all knew around the 1st of year that DJE had signed with ABC, then CBS would've announced then & there that JAG was done. They gave TPTB a chance (albeit a slim one) to increase the ratings in that stupid demo group all networks want to impress, while reducing their costs (DJE's salary was about 1/6 of each ep cost)....it didn't work, & CBS waited until I believe like early April to announce JAG wouldn't be returning. The final ep had started or had been filmed, which is why there was so much Vic et al. Inside... -- Jennifer, 22:11:55 09/25/06 Mon

If TPTB had known IMHO early enough that this was it, I believe the final ep would've been more focused on Harm & Mac. I don't want to get into the whole "he said he did" blame game...there's a lot more to the story than any of us will ever know and don't really want to know LOL!

I know a lot of fans like to believe that the SOLE reason JAG ended was because DJE wouldn't be around for S11, but while I'm sure a factor, the network DID give the producers a chance to continue on, and it just didn't work. Like I said, if it was solely about DJE's leaving, CBS would've announced around the 1st of the year that this was it....they dangled that renewal carrott until the very last minute LOL!

I didn't want JAG to end...but I am grateful that we did get some resolution to Harm & Mac, in which we were lead to believe that they were going to get married & were finally together, as one. I can live with that....

Don't worry Aachon, Catherine Bell has a movie for Lifetime called Still Small Voices coming up...she's got a part in Evan Almighty (the sequel to Bruce Almighty) that is coming out late this year or early next year....she's currently filming a pilot for Lifetime called Army Wives which will hopefully be ordered to series....

JMJ has a recurring role on Bones....Steven Culp has a series with ABC called Traveler, I think its a mid-season replacement. Good things are in store for our JAG crew, its nice to see that they are working :)

But I'm like you, I won't watch C2H...never have, and never will. DJE isn't a draw for me, and the show doesn't interest me. That's not to say I don't wish him and them all good luck, but its not something I'm going to support.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.