VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:46:52 12/27/06 Wed
Author: Jennifer
Subject: Add me to the I don't think so campaign....I know some fans were upset because there wasn't more shippery stuff, but the way JAG ended leaves it to everyone's own perception. The non-shippers can say that things didn't work out & Mac & Harm went to their new respective commands...the Harm fans can say he won the toss & they went to London...the Mac fans can think she one the toss & they went to San Diego....Any type of reunion I'm afraid & TPTB would have them divorced, or worse yet one of them having died, & for me it was a happy ending & one I'm satisfied with.
In reply to: TV Junkie Mom 's message, "Opinions Please" on 17:52:41 12/25/06 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I don't know if it was enough of a hit, but I would enjoy something like Dallas and Knotts Landing, where the actors come back and reminisce in between showing clips of episodes and bloopers and things like that. -- Meg, 19:53:20 12/28/06 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Im one happy satisfied HarmMac fan especially after so much torture from TPTB.What we got is so good and hate for it to be ruined. Most TV and movie reunions and remakes nowadays are ruined by Hollywood so keep the high note ending of Jag the way it is. -- Lorey, 01:04:32 12/29/06 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Exactly. That's what I liked with the reunion specials they did for Dallas and Knott's - they didn't pretend they were episodes. It was so cool seeing the actors come onto the sets and reminsce about the show. They told little secrets and stuff. (more inside) -- Meg, 16:04:49 12/29/06 Fri

Like for Knotts, three of the women got together at a kitchen table and visited, one of the main couples sat in front of the house on a bench and interviewed each other, and then everyone gathered in the living room and talked. If JAG did that, they could have DJE and Catherine maybe meet in one of their offices, and have everyone sit in the courtroom and stuff like that. One segment could include the 'shipper moments' through the years, with DJE and Catherine mentioning their impressions from doing those scenes. Not sure who should host the bloopers segment, maybe either John M. Jackson or David Andrews (is that who played Cresswell?), kind of a "Boss Hauling People On The Carpet" thing in Chegwidden & Cresswell's office. We could also get a scene in the coffee room again.

Knott's had pretty much everyone show up. Not sure about Dallas, since I didn't watch it, just saw the ads. But for JAG I think it would be good if DJE, CB, PL, JMJ, KT, Zoe McLellan, is it Scott Lawrence who played Sturgis?, Chris Beethem, and Peter Murnik showed up for sure. It would be great if Tracey Needham, Andrea Parker, Andrea Thompson, and some of the old love interests like Susan Haskell, Larry Poindexter, and Cindy Ambuehl could come back as well. Oh, and of course, Terry O'Quinn.

So, one segment could be for old love interests and include a tribute to Trevor Goddard. Shipper moments obviously. Bloopers. It would be cool to give some time to the Bud/Harriet relationship. And it would be nice to revisit the two "Old Mysteries" - what happened with Harm's father and show the major moments dealing with that and the whole Death Watch/Skeleton Crew thing. And one segment for the three alternate reality eps - Ghosts of Christmas Past, Each of Us Angels, and Mutiny. And have everyone do a guess as to what happened with the Harm/Mac Coin Toss, maybe before each commercial. There's usually two hours for those type of specials, which is about eight commercials, so you could get most of the cast in there, just coming on briefly to say what they thought happened.

Oh, just thinking about it has me wanting to set my VCR!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> I agree that it would be great fun to see some of these things, but in this era of DVDs, I would expect goodies like these would show up as extras for those DVDs. -- Deemus, 20:48:12 12/30/06 Sat

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.