VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:56:50 03/10/07 Sat
Author: Amanda
Subject: I agree with the first portion of your post bt, but not the last portion. DJE didn't need to make a ridiculous comment like this or the others he did either, he's just vindictive. And HE unlike others has the advantage of having his children on the set with him when he's working which any other profession doesn't. He had the added priviledge of having his wife work on the show and he could have had his daughter join him on the set as well, but he chose not to, SO WAAAH to him.
In reply to: bt 's message, "DJE Coments on ET Canada" on 14:11:26 03/10/07 Sat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> As far as him growing as an actor, NOT. He hasn't grown in my opinion at all. And as far as his contract negotiations, don't blame dbp, DJE made another crappy comment on ET when they asked him if he was coming back if Jag got renewed and he sarcastically said, "We'll have to see what the money people have to say." DPB had a horrible time negotiating DJE's contract the last time and DJE wanted 1 mill. per episode, which is ridiculous. I have no pity for him, he got what he deserved. -- Amanda, 21:57:54 03/10/07 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> How exactly do you know how much he wanted in his negotiations? Were you there? How do you know he didn't have his daughter on the set? Were you there? He's not going to have a huge amount of time even between scenes when he was half of the show's focus, to spend time with her. She obviously saw him on the set or she wouldn't have thought he lived there. Unless you were standing there when everything went down then you can't really intelligently comment about it. -- Sick of all of this., 01:18:32 03/13/07 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> They reported it in the paper. They talked about the hell it was negotiating the last contract with him. He wanted 1 mill already back then and signed for $300,000.00. And YES they do have alot of down time on the set between scenes, actors from all walks of television have said so. And quite with your physobabble Theresa, it's tiring. If he's going to have the junk come out of his mouth that he spews, he's gotta take the critisizim as well as the praise. And if you're so tired of this then don't participate and reply. -- Amanda, 19:50:44 03/13/07 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> If you think anything I've said is psychobabble you've never heard psychobabble before. All I'm saying is that no one on this board was standing there on the set seeing what happens every day. That's a fact. You don't know unless you're there. How does he deserve criticism to say that he wanted more time with his daughter? And what paper exactly did they publish the amount that he was asking for per episode? 1 mil has been floating around for years. Anyone know where the article can be found? I've never seen it. -- Theresa, 04:27:43 03/14/07 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> I can't say for sure that he's grown since I don't know what he was capable of before that he never got the chance to show. But his performance on the last CTH ep was amazing. I knew he was a good actor, but I had no idea how good he could be. This character is more open than Harm was though, I've got no doubt he could have done the same thing on JAG if the character had called for it. But it was still a great performance. -- Meg, 17:24:17 03/13/07 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> His performance on CTH last Friday was boring. He can't act any better now than he did on Jag. He's stiff and boring and the show is awful and boring. I'm glad you liked his performance and the show, but I'm sorry I don't agree. -- Amanda, 19:45:50 03/13/07 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> I suppose acting is a great deal in the eye of the beholder, just like beauty is, but many of us thought DJE did a fine job on CTH the other night, and in many JAG episodes as well. You are perfectly welcome to dislike him and the show(s) he is in, but if that's the case, why are you here posting to a big group of his fans and fans of the shows? I strongly doubt you'll change any minds here. No one is perfect. We like DJE, but if you don't, why don't you find someone you do like and post on their boards? -- Deemus, 20:41:19 03/13/07 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Because I liked Jag for the other characters and used to like DJE. Also, not everyone here likes him or his work so I can post my opinion along with others who don't like his work or the show. If you read the posts, there are none fans of his here as well, and we're welcome to post on topics such as these just as much as you are even if it isn't the same viewpoint as yours. -- Amanda, 21:43:43 03/13/07 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Deemus, ITA w/you, and do not understand why this "discussion" will not die. Believe as you like, think what you want and let it go. There will never be a consensus on ANY actor. -- Greta, 21:56:08 03/13/07 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Of course you can post your opinion here, Amanda--I never suggested you couldn't. I'm just wondering why you waste your time commenting on shows and actors you don't like. I can't imagine going to the board of a show I didn't care for, posting my objections to it. I simply have better uses for my free time. -- Deemus--still a trifle puzzled, 17:41:20 03/14/07 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> This isn't a board for Dje or Close To Home. It's for Jag!!! So the person that originally made the post opened the can of worms for a free discussion. Now, you can also quit scolding and move on as well. -- Amy, 12:32:46 04/10/07 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Why are you jumping on Amanda, not everyone here is a big fan of DJE. I thought that this was a JAG board not a DJE or Harm board, I watched JAG because it was a military show. DJE did a good job with the Harm character but the other actors on the show passed him by on the depth they brought to their characters. -- Edna, 19:04:13 03/14/07 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> I don't think it's so much that she's not a fan. She doesn't have to be. That's okay. It's the personal statements she's making about him as a father, and that he's cry baby, and how much he wanted per episodes etc, when she has no proof or practical experience to back up the statements. She doesn't know him, so it's not really fair for her to say those things. -- Theresa, 15:16:22 03/16/07 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> There is proof (it was printed in three magazines) And you're doing to her what you accused her of doing. You don't know if she knows him or has met him. Don't profess to tell people what they know and don't know or that they have no practical experience. Who the heck are you to know what people's experience and knowledge and proof are. You don't want to believe people that have met him as well as accounts from guest stars that have met him and said similar things, then Don't, but don't scold and tell people what they know and don't know, it's annoying and self righteous. -- Kathy, 12:19:08 03/20/07 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> What magazines? People make statements about the articles and I've never been able to find anyone who can tell me which articles. I'd really like to know. My saying Amanda doesn't know him, comes from Amanda's never saying that she does. She's angry enough about what she believes his behavior is, to say "I know this for a fact because I've talked to him, and I know him" but she didn't say that. If she knows him she can pipe up and tell me I'm wrong that's fine. But even meeting someone or talking to them doesn't show what kind of father they are unless they are with the kids at the time. -- Theresa, 13:15:30 03/21/07 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> The articles were discussed a few years back on most of the boards. If they aren't in the archives and you can't pull them up I guess that's a problem for you. It's been a few years and people don't necessarily hang on to magazines and articles from 2-3 years ago to prove a point to people like yourself that missed it or don't want to hear about it. The fact is there are those of us out there that have met him and experienced first hand what he's like. So again, Don't tell people what they do or don't know, and dont' preach to people about it. Inside... -- Kathy (this discussion is over on my part), 13:09:12 03/22/07 Thu

There have been people in the past that have given first hand account and unflattering remarks about their experiences with him, including guest stars, and you still preach, "oh we don't know that". The fact is yes we do and again if you choose not to believe it then Don't, but stop your preaching like you're the grand poobah, know all and see all of everything. Again it's annoying and self righteous.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> The ones making statements aren't saying "I was there." If they do say that, and give their first hand accounts, I don't have any problem with it. If they aren't there, then all it is, is gossip and hearsay. As for the articles, I'm just curious. I don't care how much he asked for, I'd just like to see it. I found an article about his contract, but it didn't mention his original asking price. I didn't say I'm the grand anything, know all see all...of anything. All I asked is, "were you there?" No one I've ever asked that has answered in the affirmative and given their account. -- Theresa, 16:26:57 03/23/07 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> I'd also like to add that I've never said that I was there either, nor have I given an account of what I think happened on the set and with DPB etc. Because I don't know. David could be the devil or he could be a sweetheart. I have no idea, because I'm not around him to know it. No one I've seen here has said that they were around him to know it either. I wouldn't like it if people were saying things about Catherine without firsthand knowledge or at least an article to back it up. Why would I like it if they did that with David? -- Theresa, 16:30:36 03/23/07 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Blah, Blah, Blah Theresa. You keep repeating yourself over and over again with the same jiberish. You apparently don't read very well, and like Kathy said above it's been three years and no one saves magazines or articles for three years. If you missed the discussions when they happened about the articles, then that's your probelm. And people have stated their experiences in the past with David as well as above and you still deny it. So go ahead and believe what you want to believe but like others have asked, get off your high horse and quit your preaching. Move along already! -- Amy, 10:23:12 03/26/07 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Inside... -- Theresa, 15:47:37 03/26/07 Mon

All I asked is if the people making statements had any personal experience to back them up. Where above did anyone state their personal experiences with David? All I saw were people saying that they've heard before from others about how he is. I looked back and I don't see anyone in this discussion that has said they know first hand what kind of person that he is and what kind of father. That's it. That's all I asked.

People can believe what they want, but me, I want to know if people know what they're talking about. They may very well know first hand, but no one here has said that they do.

As for the articles, I was around during that time and just missed the ones that showed what he was asking for. That part's not a big deal to me. And many magazines articles are still online from that time period, so it's possible to track them down.

The only reason I'm repeating myself is because people keep telling me I'm preaching. Preaching involves telling others what to think. I never did that. All I have ever asked is for a personal account to back up the statements made. No one here has provided that. I don't believe it's fair to post negatively about someone without having anything to back it up.

Kathy told me to quit telling people what they know and don't know. In answer to that I keep asking for anyone in this discussion to tell me what they *do* know for fact. If they can't back up their statements with a publication or personal experience than I can fairly conclude that they don't have any proof. If there have been publications that showed what salary he asked for, that's fine. I don't care about that. That was mere curiosity. The statements about him as a person are the ones that raise my hackles.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Inside again... -- Theresa, 15:54:49 03/26/07 Mon

Just also want to add that I didn't deny anyone's statements about what kind of person he is. He could be exactly as people are saying, (though I can't imagine Catherine Bell holding onto and leaning in the chest of someone who's all that bad, like she did in the wrap party video) all I want to know is if they are spouting gossip, or they know from experience what they're talking about.

Not on a high horse. Not disbelieving. Just asking for proof.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Move on Already Theresa! -- - - - - - - - :(, 18:28:34 03/26/07 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Inside... -- Theresa, 20:16:35 03/26/07 Mon

I'm not the one having a problem here. Nor have I resorted to calling people personal names. If people are going to call me preachy and on a high horse among other things. I'm going to respond to it with my position. I'm not going to leave it on nasty names.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Lol., you just can't let it go can you Theresa. You gotta have the last word. Enough already and stop it. -- Amy, 14:25:59 03/27/07 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> My roommate doesn't like the show much either - she usually surfs the internet while it's on. And I can understand posting on the JAG board - but why did you watch CTH? Get duped by a preview? -- Meg, 22:46:03 03/13/07 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> I watched it last year and liked it and the characters. I tried it a few times, and every time I've tuned in this season I've not liked it at all. -- Amanda, 07:44:35 03/14/07 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Oh. So what did you think of Annabeth's late husband? (inside) -- Meg, 16:00:18 03/15/07 Thu

I've only seen one ep with him and thought he came across as a controlling jerk, but again, it was only one ep. Any of the old fans I talk to seem divided on their opinions.

Also, are you a Jennifer Finnegan fan and, if so, did you see the movie "The Stalking of Laurie Show?" They reran it the other night and I thought I'd check it out. Thought the movie itself was well done, but the story was sad.

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.