VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:21:52 03/12/07 Mon
Author: Kathy
Subject: If that's what he meant, then that's how he should have worded it. He was being rude and spiteful as he has been often of late. And what was his problem on the weekends and holidays they had off for spending time with his daughter. It's not the quantity of time, but the quality of time spent. Apparantley he didn't spend any time with her when he was at home either. He dropped the ball on his relationship with his daughter and shouldn't blame Jag for that. I would say maybe he needs to quit focusing so much on himself and focus on his daughter and family.
In reply to: Meg 's message, "Maybe that's what he regrets and why he says he wasted 1/4 of his life. "I wasted ten years by not being smarter with having my child around." Again, if it really was serious (inside)" on 01:58:40 03/11/07 Sun

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> [> That's why I'd like to hear the question they asked him in the first place, and for that matter the rest of his answer...(inside) -- Meg, 18:27:43 03/12/07 Mon

I'm not trying to make excuses, but frankly, I was livid when I first saw the preview with that quote. Then they couldn't even give us the courtesy of showing the quote. Now I don't even know what to think anymore. But the last time this happened with one of my favorite actors, the quote that made them sound like a jerk wound up being taken way out of context. And the time before that it was an athlete who was made to sound like a prima donna and that wasn't even close. I didn't appreciate being taken in by selective editing then and I don't now. Which is why I refuse to take anything seriously on those shows anymore unless I can see it in context.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> PS - It's E-Talk Daily I'm angry with - not you. -- Meg, 18:28:47 03/12/07 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> With kids, it is the quantity of time as well as quality when they're growing up. I know what it's like to work non-stop and not have enough time. If he's working 12-16 hour days, he can spend all of his free time with her and still only see her for a few hours while she isn't asleep. We don't know his relationship with her. What we know is that his work schedule was tiring and the hours were long. Long enough for him to have regrets for spending that much time at work. Kathy, do you want to spend that much time at work? Even if your job is the world's best? I know I don't. -- Theresa, 01:14:28 03/13/07 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> The schedule is the same for hundreds of other actors Theresa, and they do it and don't complain. They bring there kids on the set during down time, in between takes and also have down time to go back to their trailers. They also have a few months off in between seasons. -- Amanda, 21:48:01 03/13/07 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> That's true, and we don't know if he did that or not. She obviously saw him on set in the trailer etc, if that's where she thought he lived. And he can complain if he wants. How does that effect anything at all that DJE wanted more time with his daughter. We got good screen time with Harm and Mac, that's all I care about. I don't care if hated every minute of it. (which we know he didn't because he said he misses his friends from the show) It doesn't change the character he portrayed. -- Theresa, 04:23:25 03/14/07 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.