[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:46:55 12/15/17 Fri
Author Host/IP: c-24-14-255-137.hsd1.il.comcast.net / 184.108.40.206
Subject: What's your Troop Strength?
That was a question I asked the members back in 2004 or 2005. I can’t remember which year or even my troop count at that time but I do remember being surprised at the number of figures the guys had collected. Back then, I would do an annual inventory in early December in anticipation of receiving more figures at Christmas back when Target, Walmart, TRU and other brick & mortar stores carried our beloved figures – remember those days? The last time I inventoried my figures was 2009 and I had 170 at that time. I’ve amassed many more since then. I retired over 4 years ago thinking that I would have all kinds of time to re-inventory the troops. Well, as many of you have stated here in the past, 1:1 life gets in the way. I started re-inventorying/re-outfitting the guys last year and I’m now up to number 188.
Most of my figures are TUS and SOTW, but I have collected a few Dragon when I couldn’t find any more of the other ones. The figures are all kit-bashed and categorized by BDU (Woodland, Desert, Arctic, etc.). Since I don’t have space to display them, I take 1 photo of each figure, document them in an Excel spreadsheet by BDU and weapon and then store them in 8 - 18 gal. storage containers that I keep in the crawl space. I wish I had the patience and skill to set them up in the great action scenes that so many of you do; those shots are really cool! Anyway, just 1 1/2 more containers to go!
Hope to hear from you guys!
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
- down to 17 figures from 100+ -- jimmy pivo, 09:13:53 12/18/17 Mon
- Still holding at about 80. (NT) -- hot LZ, 20:19:30 12/19/17 Tue
- about 40 sold about 50 (NT) -- zman, 10:13:16 12/20/17 Wed
- Re: What's your Troop Strength? -- Sgt. Howard, 19:00:39 12/21/17 Thu
- I still have 200-300, although I haven't done anything with them in forever. (NT) -- Scarecrow (HOH), 20:20:52 12/21/17 Thu
- Still got over 500. -- graeylin, 17:47:07 12/23/17 Sat
- 40 vietnam -- oo7 (:)), 08:14:07 12/25/17 Mon
- I have . . . I don't know how many figures I have...but I know it's gotta' be over 400 figures ; and half of those are female :) (NT) -- Hogie309 (HOH), 19:35:15 12/25/17 Mon
- I lost count years ago. Bins of them fill my garage and one upstairs unused bedroom and on display in my downstairs "man-cave". A conservative guess would be 500 or so. I wouldn't be all that surpeised if that number turned out to be much larger though. Everything from vintage Joes to modern Hot Toys. I definitely have an action figure addiction problem :) LOL (NT) -- GL, 09:59:49 12/27/17 Wed
- Re: What's your Troop Strength? -- k.43, 12:38:28 12/31/17 Sun
- Thanks to all those who responded - these are some really impressive collections! (NT) -- Forester_Sk, 12:22:31 01/03/18 Wed
Forum timezone: GMT-8|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.