VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:46:55 12/15/17 Fri
Author: Forester_Sk
Author Host/IP: c-24-14-255-137.hsd1.il.comcast.net / 24.14.255.137
Subject: What's your Troop Strength?

That was a question I asked the members back in 2004 or 2005. I can’t remember which year or even my troop count at that time but I do remember being surprised at the number of figures the guys had collected. Back then, I would do an annual inventory in early December in anticipation of receiving more figures at Christmas back when Target, Walmart, TRU and other brick & mortar stores carried our beloved figures – remember those days? The last time I inventoried my figures was 2009 and I had 170 at that time. I’ve amassed many more since then. I retired over 4 years ago thinking that I would have all kinds of time to re-inventory the troops. Well, as many of you have stated here in the past, 1:1 life gets in the way. I started re-inventorying/re-outfitting the guys last year and I’m now up to number 188.
Most of my figures are TUS and SOTW, but I have collected a few Dragon when I couldn’t find any more of the other ones. The figures are all kit-bashed and categorized by BDU (Woodland, Desert, Arctic, etc.). Since I don’t have space to display them, I take 1 photo of each figure, document them in an Excel spreadsheet by BDU and weapon and then store them in 8 - 18 gal. storage containers that I keep in the crawl space. I wish I had the patience and skill to set them up in the great action scenes that so many of you do; those shots are really cool! Anyway, just 1 1/2 more containers to go!

Hope to hear from you guys!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.