VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:54:04 07/02/04 Fri
Author: yuant
Subject: Re: 有關Bates Method & Plus Lens
In reply to: Lam Hin Tai 's message, "有關Bates Method & Plus Lens" on 02:04:54 06/05/04 Sat

Bates method advocates the complete removal of negative lenses regardless of the degree of myopia. Even if glasses are required to be used at work, in case of a high myopic person,they should be restricted to minimun use, that is, taken off most of the time, unless for work, or driving.
. I have personal experienced an improvement in eyesight after putting on a reduced prescription lenses for a year, but my eyesight deteriorated after a semester of college work. I find the source of this cause to be a constant mental strain of attempting to see clearly. Over the summer, i removed my lenses, (-5.5), my actual eyes before removing the lenses have deteriorated to (-7.5), i started to walk half blind like this everyday, even when walking on the street, hanging out with friends. At first my eyes tire easily, so I would consciously notice the strain especially on my weaker eye. I tell my mind not to attempt to see anything that is not clear. several weeks after, i could walk on the street without pain in the mind and eye. At times, when my eyes are relaxed, things i can not see suddenly seemed clear to me, and appear in flashes, and soon fade away. But the duration of clear flashes became longer as I practiced the bates method daily.
For me, i find it more effective to completely remove the lenses. This has an effect of telling the mind, that the visual system is in chaos, and the mind will acknowledge the conditions, and with practice of relaxiation, it will soon be able to treach itself to see correctly.
I have not read the book recommended by this site, but plus lense is not the main factor that improves vision, but the relaxation that accompanies the reduction of power of the lenses for close work reduces strain. And the reduction of strain always improves the vision.
Bates method is not a set of eye exercises, but a practice of mental suggestion, acknowledgement, and ways of relaxing the eye, and teaching the eye to function normally. It also provides a controversial theory of how the myopic eye develops and how the eye focuses, which is completely different from the orthodox. If his theory is true, there is no permanent , nor temporary myopia, but functional myopia, which can be cured by teaching the mind how to see, that is, no organic, or tissue changes.
His book, "the cure of imperfect sight with the treatment without glasses"-william bates, is now provided freely online, and can be googled. I provide this for people who want to do future research of the possibility of the eye function.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.